They want to delete us again

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Even Einy has patrolled Wikipedia outside of VFDs. I don't care if they call this vote garnering. What they are doing is like holding a special election to remove someone from office and if I can't warn my friends whats going on, thats a problem.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

We just might have the victory we wanted. Our old friend Tanizaki started this mess with creating the VFD in the first place.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Alyeska wrote:We just might have the victory we wanted.
Really? It looks like the Delete voters just keep calling VfDs until enough Keepers forget to show up or get fed up.

Given prep time, anyone could do this to some other article. And I know even they'd agree multiple VfDs on something like USS Kitty Hawk would be excessive.

Regardless of the fact he appears to have screwed up his nomination, there's too many "Delete" voters and they'll just renominate it correctly for #4. Unless of course it gets protected status, in which case it'll be a few months before they can start #4.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

You would think that the last 2 VFD were made my banded users would mean something.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Glimmervoid wrote:You would think that the last 2 VFD were made my banded users would mean something.
3, if I'm correct in my assumption that (I would bet a moderate sum of money on this) there's a large amount of sockpuppeting going on, if only because I seriously doubt people without a vendetta against SDN would really care enough to muck about with such a non-notable page.

Do they have patrolled cruising around recently updated and created pages looking for irrelevance, or something? It sounds ludicrous.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Is there some thing you can do if a user starts making racist comment?
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Glimmervoid wrote:Is there some thing you can do if a user starts making racist comment?
File a complaint with the wiki-admin.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

You know what? I'm starting to side with Tevar on this. I really don't care anymore.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Fuck 'em. Let the kids declare victory over us in the "Great Wiki War" so they can jerk off to it for the next seven months.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

You know how Tanizaki went and VFD TrekBBS and said
Article does not comport with WP:WEB
Well i have just proved what a lying asshat he is. The website dose meet WP:WEB (even though it not policy).

Wiki-TrekBBS
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Oh yay, that fucktard Castaldo is back...
Image Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Oh yay, that fucktard Castaldo is back...
Strong Delete. for various reasons, including those listed above and those posted before. Mike_Castaldo 09:46, 26 August 2005 (EST)
30 of this user's 31 edits are voting on Stardestroyer.net-related VfDs. His 1 article space edit was restoring a VfD notice on to an article. --Nandesuka 14:14, 26 August 2005 (UTC)
What a fuckass.
Last edited by Surlethe on 2005-08-26 11:41am, edited 1 time in total.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master

Post by Glimmervoid »

Did he troll this site or is he from one of the other VFD?
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Glimmervoid wrote:
Did he troll this site or is he from one of the other VFD?
Other VFD. As for his trolling here, only the Mods know.
Image Image
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I managed to show some of the Pro-deletion's sides bad behiavor and got one of the pro-deleters to expose another pro-deleter as incredibly biassed. Progress of sorts.

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Alyeska wrote:I managed to show some of the Pro-deletion's sides bad behiavor and got one of the pro-deleters to expose another pro-deleter as incredibly biassed. Progress of sorts.
Wait ... I don't see that. Was the contradiction deleted?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

what is the purpose of the Wub and Radiant posting how many contributions have been made, etc.? To make them think we are sock puppets? Why should it matter that some people signed up for wikipedia to prevent a groundless deletion?
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Chardok wrote:what is the purpose of the Wub and Radiant posting how many contributions have been made, etc.? To make them think we are sock puppets? Why should it matter that some people signed up for wikipedia to prevent a groundless deletion?
My guess is they have an interest in seeing the article deleted, so they're trying to discredit the 'Keep' side with the posts about contributions.

Alyeska called them on their obvious bias, so they went back and made a few concessions to the 'Keep' crowd by posting contribs of only a few of the 'Delete' Faction.
Image Image
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Well, I see that meat-puppetry is kind of against the rules, per se. But I've made contributions outside the VFD (including vandalising revprez, much as he deserved it) so...what?
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Chardok wrote:Well, I see that meat-puppetry is kind of against the rules, per se. But I've made contributions outside the VFD (including vandalising revprez, much as he deserved it) so...what?
Vandalizing Revprez's user page is actualy a strike against allowing your vote.

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

I've made contributions in the past, I just didn't join until the last VfD because I didn't realize one COULD register there.
ImageImage
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Alyeska wrote:
Chardok wrote:Well, I see that meat-puppetry is kind of against the rules, per se. But I've made contributions outside the VFD (including vandalising revprez, much as he deserved it) so...what?
Vandalizing Revprez's user page is actualy a strike against allowing your vote.
It's actually a strike against all of us.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

I noticed that Mike deleted the annotations on his voting record. Apparently everyone should see how we vote, but not how he votes.
ImageImage
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Restored.

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I hope the admin looks deeper then the surface and considers more then the votes. I see a concentrated effort by people to remove the article and they are using mud slinging and other nasty means to do it. Some random IP character walked in and deleted almost every single keep vote from the VFD. The level if immaturity and trollish behiavor from the delete crowd has me strongly suspecting this is a real organized effort by some people to try and remove the page.