Master of Cards
Jedi Master

do you play paintball?

Post by Master of Cards »

simple I do but do you?
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

No. But then again, I don't do much of anything.

On a related note, there was a kid around here a couple years ago who died from head trauma when his CO2 tank failed and rocketed towards him.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Quadlok wrote:No. But then again, I don't do much of anything.

On a related note, there was a kid around here a couple years ago who died from head trauma when his CO2 tank failed and rocketed towards him.
:cry: but paintball has less injures then soccer or biking
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I have played, but it's too expensive for me to do on a regular basis. It's very nice to live within a reasonable drive of Skirmish, likely the best paintball location in the US if not the world.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

I play as often as i can. I just got me a new tippman custom 98 (well its new to me) i can't wait to use it
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

I've played once. I would love to play again, but I don't live near any of the designated areas in my region. Mostly in Pennsyvania.
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

Yup. I have my own marker and all.
Korvan
Jedi Master

Post by Korvan »

I used to play a bit back in college. My dorm would play against another one about once a year. There was quite a rivaly between us and the games could get quite nasty.

Case in point: I was scaling a ladder in order to clear out a sniper's post. Part way up, some bastard got beneath me, stuck his gun between my legs and fired straight up. Fortunately for me, my thigh took about 80% of the hit, but the remaining 20% went straight into my nuts, bypassing my cup completely.

Fortunately for him, he took off running immediatly since the first thing I did in my haze of pain and rage was jump off the ladder, spin around and smash the butt of my gun's CO2 tank into where I guessed his face would be. A disproportionate response for sure, but you just don't go around shooting people in the nuts at point blank range.

Still there were good times, like the time I took cover in poison nettles and had my fingers swell up so much I couldn't fit them into the trigger guard.

Or the time I pulled my groin and ended crawling 100 yards through heavy bush (with gloves this time to avoid thsoe damn nettles) on my belly to infiltrate the enemy base just it time to ambush the returning flag carrier, only to discover that I was out of ammo.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

I used to play; last time was probably 4 years ago. My marker is still at my dad's house. I'm almost positive it doesn't work anymore.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

I used to play, but then I got into airsofting. Paintballing is only fun if you can get a big enough group to go so you have a private field, otherwise your game gets ruined. Airsofting, same problems as paintball though kids can cheat more rampantly. But if you get a good bunch of guys, it's sweet. My group consisted of mainly young professionals, law enforcement and military so our games were always sweet and vicious.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I went paintballing once as part of a cross community initiative when i was in my late teens. What better way to bring down the religious divide then making us shoot at each other.

It was actually a lot of fun though our grenades (watered down paint in water balloons) didn't go down too well.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Mr. T
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. T »

Just once, very fun though. Too expensive to make a hobby out of it though.
"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? "
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pity the fool!"
- The one, the only, Mr. T :)
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Never played. It's too expensive around here.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Unfortunately, due to the idiocies of a single crazed gunman, paintball is illegal in Tasmania.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

We had it once at work. Quite fun

Don't play it on a regular basis but I see me playing it again in the future
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Used to, on my family's property. Now that we don't live on the farm anymore, I don't get much opportunity.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Sporadically at best. I've got like three guns now, all the basic Pirahna/Tipman style. The only place I've got to go is just outside the city, and it's hard to get a schedule coordinated with friends.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

go open play
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I have in the past, and I had a great time, but I haven't been back. Too busy.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Re: do you play paintball?

Post by Zoink »

I have several thousand in equipment and play every Sunday morning. I shoot a suped-up Impulse (I think the only thing stock is the main aluminium body... lol) with the freak barrel, halo, compressed air, etc. and a Piranha from my earlier years. Got a Scuba station for air refills, and a friend who's a distributor so we have a virtual equipment store wherever we play.

We're lucky to have players that own large areas of forested land. We've setup our own fields, provide rental equipment to people that want to join us, and really just have a bunch of fun every Sunday.