Coming up to BBS SD.net third birthday!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Coming up to BBS SD.net third birthday!

Post by Ubiquitous »

This Sunday is the third birthday of the creation of this BBS! Will there be party hats distributed to mark this event? And will there be any special events on Sunday, such as show trials of infidels?

Either way, well done everyone, and a special thanks to our financial backer and overlord, Mr. Wong! ;)
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Viva La Wong, Long live the galactic Board. :)

Thank you all 'ye' Mods, administrators and a Sith lord who made this forum in the 'olden' days :wink:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

No shit? I always thought this board was older
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Just look at the dates when some people joined, ALI here has obviously joined on the first day it was opened. But yeah, it does seem kinda young to me considering I felt like I missed a lot in the past before I joined, and before I even knew it existed. Happy 3rd Birthday Sd Net.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

You did miss a lot, Mrs Kendall. But then, so did I, and I don't even have the 'joined a lot later' excuse, shame on me. This place isn't old, it's just hyperactive. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
Happy birtday, SDN.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Batman wrote:You did miss a lot, Mrs Kendall. But then, so did I, and I don't even have the 'joined a lot later' excuse, shame on me. This place isn't old, it's just hyperactive. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
Happy birtday, SDN.

Oh I know I did :P
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

wautd wrote:No shit? I always thought this board was older
Slightly, in a different incarnation. Of course, ASVS stretches back for years before this board existed.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Goddamn. Ive been here 3 yrs?

Been one hell of a trip.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

You know, I would have been here from Day 1. If not for the fact that for some reason whenever I tried to join I got some weird PHP error message about the SQL database.

Then I eventualy joined, a day later it refused to let me back on because my last name contained an apostrophe. Eventualy Dalton asked me why I never posted and he fixed the problem in fifteen seconds.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

That's the best SG-1 av I've ever seen.

Holy crap, it's been 3 years. Happy Friday-before-your-birthday, SD.net
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Heh, happy pre-emptive birthday, SDN.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

Actually, it's 3 years this Saturday . I should know, because the BBS and I share the same birthday, July 2. w00t.

Despite what my registration date says, I actually registered early on the morning on the 3rd, still celebrating my 16th birthday. And I must say it was the best Birthday present I got that year.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

It's hard to believe it's been three years already. Of course, the last two have gone by pretty fast for me. The first seemed to be the most active in terms of great debates and trolls.

Either way, happy birthday to the board. May it live through many more three-year increments.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Wow happy birth day stardestroy.net we should defiantly do some thing special. - goes of to write super hero storey with board members from SD.net as charaters(it was all I could think of)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Glimmervoid wrote:Wow happy birth day stardestroy.net we should defiantly do some thing special. - goes of to write super hero story with board members from SD.net as charaters(it was all I could think of)
Um-what's special about that?
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Batman wrote:
Glimmervoid wrote:Wow happy birth day stardestroy.net we should defiantly do some thing special. - goes of to write super hero story with board members from SD.net as charaters(it was all I could think of)
Um-what's special about that?
Nothing really other than there was going to be a charter called stardestroyer and I was going to do it any way. I was thinking it might be a way to celebrate because super heroes are special and this board's 3rd birth day is also special.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Wow...I didn't realize I was one of the relatively early members (only about 4 months into the board's existence). I swear I've missed so much, though. I've only been through one or two of the Troll Invasions, missed the Weekend of Hell. I do remember the rise and fall of the Anti-Troll Jihad, and a few of our more notorious individual trolls (patkelly comes to mind *shudder*).

Well, here's to a happy birthday, and many more to come!
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Wish I had joined up sooner.
Happy Pre-Birthday to you SD.N
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

The Dark wrote:Wow...I didn't realize I was one of the relatively early members (only about 4 months into the board's existence). I swear I've missed so much, though.
Preach it, brother. My sabbatical put me out of the loop something fierce, too.

I'll raise a glass of diet, non-caffinated Coca-Cola (also known as 'bubbly brown water') to the board's continued health and general smitery!
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I've been here since day two, and I didn't notice any of that shit. Then again, I'm a lazy bastard.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Ok.... you guys know I had to....

:jumps out of a cupcake:

Happy Birthday SDN!
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

It's hard to believe this board is so old. I remember posting on the makeshift board Wong had created until he was able to get this one up and running. Looking at my join date compared to the others, I can see now why I wasn't getting any new replies for four days.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

And in usual Cyran fashion, I will once again be somewhere else for the boards birthday. I don't think I've been around on a birthday for this board yet. Oh well. Congrats to all of you bastards, may we live to see many more years.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

three years? Yay. :) I should have been one of the "Old Ones" but when I first registered in 2002 it never got activated. Then I forgot and almost a year later I joined up again. :) Oh well, Way to go SDN!!! :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

If it's any consolation, Cyran, either I missed the earlier birthdays, too, or there simply was no mention of it in the first place.
And I was born firmly in wedlock, thank you very much.