Matthew Lillard: "There will be no Scooby 3."

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Matthew Lillard: "There will be no Scooby 3."

Post by JME2 »

From ToonZone:
Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in the two live-action Scooby-Doo films, told SCI FI Wire in an interview that there is no hope for a third installment of Scooby-Doo. Lillard blamed the disappointing box-office performance of Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Does this mean he'll finally team up with Freddie Prinze Jr. once more for the long overdue Wing Commander II?
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: Matthew Lillard: "There will be no Scooby 3."

Post by Enigma »

JME2 wrote:From ToonZone:
Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in the two live-action Scooby-Doo films, told SCI FI Wire in an interview that there is no hope for a third installment of Scooby-Doo. Lillard blamed the disappointing box-office performance of Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
YAY! The madness of Scooby DooDoo has ended!
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~!!!

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
desertjedi
Padawan Learner

Post by desertjedi »

Does this mean he'll finally team up with Freddie Prinze Jr. once more for the long overdue Wing Commander II?
OH HELL NO! They raped that franchise. They took a perfectly good story and changed it to please teenie boppers with crushes on Lilard and Prinze. Damn those people for make that movie.

Now excuse me while I go take my medication to calm down.

Mmmmm Johnnie Walker Black....
It startled him even more when just after he was awarded the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness he got lynched by a rampaging mob of respectable physicists who had finally realized that the one thing they really couldn't stand was a smart ass. - The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams
GoldenFalcon
Jedi Knight
Location: Busy practicing with a bokken, come near me and I'll whack you with it.

Post by GoldenFalcon »

Galvatron wrote:Does this mean he'll finally team up with Freddie Prinze Jr. once more for the long overdue Wing Commander II?
Given what happened with the last one, is that supposed to be a good thing?
Babylon 5: In the Beginning quote:

General Lefcourt: "My people can handle themselves. We took care of the Dilgar. We can take care of the Minbari."
Londo Mollari: "Ahh, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you."

Coming soon: Firebird Productions
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

GoldenFalcon wrote:
Galvatron wrote:Does this mean he'll finally team up with Freddie Prinze Jr. once more for the long overdue Wing Commander II?
Given what happened with the last one, is that supposed to be a good thing?
There are people who just love franchises so much that they will patiently hope for the best in seeing the continuation; this applies to me and Ghostbusters III.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Interesting, in all this hoopla across 2 movies, we never saw the original series. Still a classic to watch.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
SpacedTeddyBear
Jedi Master

Post by SpacedTeddyBear »

Is it possible to make a good sequel out of a movie that sucked hairy man ass? I understand that the budget of that movie was only $17million ( Which is pretty small for a sci-fi movie. If I'm wrong let me know). Chris Roberts should have still been able to come up with a better story. The Wing Commander space sim series had one of the best story lines period. I had just expected a little more out of the movie. OK I'm done ranting now.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Thank you, sweet nonexistent Jesus!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

And there was much rejoicing.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:And there was much rejoicing.
If there was rejoicing, shouldn't there have been cannibalism? :twisted:
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

SpacedTeddyBear wrote:
Is it possible to make a good sequel out of a movie that sucked hairy man ass? I understand that the budget of that movie was only $17million ( Which is pretty small for a sci-fi movie. If I'm wrong let me know). Chris Roberts should have still been able to come up with a better story. The Wing Commander space sim series had one of the best story lines period. I had just expected a little more out of the movie. OK I'm done ranting now.
Of course. All the makers have to do is look at the first movie as a lesson in what not to do.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

My daughter will be disappointed but I will be glad not to waste another cent on this brain dead franchise. A shame really because I've been a big Scooby fan since the beginning
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Good. Very, very good.
d(-_-)b
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

SpacedTeddyBear wrote: I understand that the budget of that movie was only $17million ( Which is pretty small for a sci-fi movie. If I'm wrong let me know).
The budget was something like $20 million ... and they went ten million overbudget.

They also made it in Luxembourg where there's no tax on theatrical productions, and did all the animation in house.

Also, Concordia:

Next time I will link to them instead of in-lining them and fucking up the formatting ~ your not so friendly neighborhood super-mod
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

desertjedi wrote: They took a perfectly good story and changed it to please teenie boppers with crushes on Lilard and Prinze.
Crush on Lillard?? The guy is hideous! He's Steve Buscemi without the charm!

No teeny-bopper should have a crush on Matt Lillard. Eewww
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Bob McDob wrote:
SpacedTeddyBear wrote: I understand that the budget of that movie was only $17million ( Which is pretty small for a sci-fi movie. If I'm wrong let me know).
The budget was something like $20 million ... and they went ten million overbudget.

They also made it in Luxembourg where there's no tax on theatrical productions, and did all the animation in house.
So what? The fact that it had a tiny budget only meant that they added bad F/X to an already shitty movie. The fact is the actors sucked (the video game actors did far, far better) and the story line in addition to pissing all over continuity something feirce just plain blew elephant balls on it's own.
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

there is no hope for a third installment of Scooby-Doo.

I'M SHAKING WITH ANGER!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

JME2 wrote: There are people who just love franchises so much that they will patiently hope for the best in seeing the continuation; this applies to me and Ghostbusters III.
Oh man, I hear that. Amazon has some new ghostbusters toys on coming out soon, though they won't ship them to me because i'm not in the US. :( :cry:

As for the scooby doo thing, I thought the films sucked and the cartoon series sucked more, the scene with them in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was about as good as it gets. :D
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Ding Dong the Basterd is dead....
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Good, the Scooby Doo movies had already been two movies too many.

As for Wing Commander, here is an excellent review that sums it up. Badmovies.org review of Wing Commander
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Rye wrote:
JME2 wrote: There are people who just love franchises so much that they will patiently hope for the best in seeing the continuation; this applies to me and Ghostbusters III.
Oh man, I hear that. Amazon has some new ghostbusters toys on coming out soon, though they won't ship them to me because i'm not in the US. :( :cry:

As for the scooby doo thing, I thought the films sucked and the cartoon series sucked more, the scene with them in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was about as good as it gets. :D
The first series of GB toys are Gozer, Zuhl, Vince Clortho (both are in terror dog form), Stay-Puft, and of course, Slimer. Series will probably be the boys in gray themselves, but I think they might have trouble with the whole 'likeness' copyright issue.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Yeah, I wanted a Gozer, Vinz Klortho and Zuul to decorate my monitor, I even started a Gozer cult once in high school. :mrgreen:
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Rye wrote:I even started a Gozer cult once in high school. :mrgreen:
Really?