Who are? What do you want?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I like arguing with people, and I really like insults. If I pick up a few new ones, here, you can bet that I'll use 'em later. I have a friend who has REALLY long hair, so thanks to Lord Poe and "BaldStar" I think I'll call him Rogaine jockey one of these days. For example.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Alferd Packer wrote:Why? That's simple:

Ale and whores.

Definitely the ale and whores.
What whores?
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I suppose he was talking about the Federation cultist pussies such as John Clark, etc.
Supermod
Shadowfyre
Redshirt

Post by Shadowfyre »

I signed up for a simple reason...I love Star Wars!

Actually, I really like just about any science fiction, especially the outer space stuff. Yes, that means I like Trek, too. In fact I spend a great deal of time as an administrator at a Trek board. But I still love SW, because when I look back on being a kid, I don't remember playing like I was collecting soil samples from a new planet or opening diplomatic relations with some new alien race. Well alright, I do remember pretending to do such things...but my point is, what sticks out most for me was jumping around in my backyard with some class 200 sprinkler pipe and beating the hell out of my friend as he in turn beat the hell out of me with his own pipe as we re-enacted and created our own lightsaber battles. Ah...the good old days. SW will forever hold a special place for me that nothing will ever dislodge, no matter how many more badly written episodes of Trek Paramount pushes my way.

It seems to me that SW gets a bad rap. People seem to dismiss it as "juvenile" and not as sophisticated as B5 or Trek. I say BULLSHIT! Still, finding a good place to discuss Star Wars has been hard for me, as most people at the Trek board I work at harbor the aforementioned attitude. I am one of a handful of people there who believes the Empire would whup the UFP so bad, it wouldn't even be funny. So I signed up here not only to "hang out" with fellow SW fans, but also because I love science and the technical aspects to many of the discussions here motivate me to further my own studies as well as provide some great solid ideas for the basis of my own attempts at fiction.

Ok, I've babbled long enough. Shutting up now. :D
...Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night...
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Master of Ossus wrote:I like arguing with people, and I really like insults. If I pick up a few new ones, here, you can bet that I'll use 'em later. I have a friend who has REALLY long hair, so thanks to Lord Poe and "BaldStar" I think I'll call him Rogaine jockey one of these days. For example.

Arguing with people is always fun.