Report board software problems here

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Report board software problems here

Post by The Romulan Republic »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2017-07-15 04:07pm Last week or so, I've been unable to go to the forums on my home computer. I try to click on the link to the forums, I get a message saying basically that its down for an hour or so for maintainance.

I have no trouble logging in from a library computer (except for whatever happened yesterday). Just my home computer. So it took me a while to figure it out, especially since when I logged in, I noted some changes to the appearance of the board, and initially I figured that their was some maintainance that just took longer than expected.

Now, my computer is an old piece of junk, so I'm fully prepared to accept that its a problem on my end, not with the board software. But just in case, I thought I should mention it here.
Whatever it was, it isn't happening any more. Didn't do anything to fix it that I can recall, so damned if I know why.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Apparently, the post notification button is now oversized.

Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Tvpnbb
Redshirt

Post by Tvpnbb »

I have the same problem as ray, some icons are oversized and the layout has changed overall. Has there been a software update.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Not sure yet if it is the browser or the board, but even though I checked to remain signed in. I am still logged out.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Tvpnbb wrote: 2017-08-24 02:08pm I have the same problem as ray, some icons are oversized and the layout has changed overall. Has there been a software update.
I've been seeing this too, for a while.

Also, when I tried quoting a post today, it show up improperly, as a bunch of text rather than the usual quote box. I tried multiple different edits and variations to try to fix it, with no luck, so I'm bringing it here.

Edit: Although this time it worked fine, so damned if I know what was wrong last time.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

When I try to visit here via HTTPS, Chrome throws an error about the certificate having been revoked. Then it won't let me in unless I use an unencrypted connection.
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from bbs.stardestroyer.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

bilateralrope wrote: 2017-09-27 09:51am When I try to visit here via HTTPS, Chrome throws an error about the certificate having been revoked. Then it won't let me in unless I use an unencrypted connection.
Not revoked, expired. My most recent what's-happening-about-it post is at the bottom of the last page.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

SpottedKitty wrote: 2017-09-27 10:14am
bilateralrope wrote: 2017-09-27 09:51am When I try to visit here via HTTPS, Chrome throws an error about the certificate having been revoked. Then it won't let me in unless I use an unencrypted connection.
Not revoked, expired. My most recent what's-happening-about-it post is at the bottom of the last page.
I've been having to click through the expired certificate warning for months now. The revoked certificate started happening for me today. Something has changed.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

For I think a week or so whenever I try to view the site on mobile the background is completely white and the layout is weird and messed up.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Is there any way to put a note at the top of the index page, or failing that at least a sticky, notifying people that the spoiler system is broken and only works in single posts? Quoting a post with spoilers will tend to break the spoilers, or a quote in a post with a spoiler will break the spoiler...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The board seems to be really slow at the moment (25th-26th of October) it works but it takes several seconds for pages to load and it's not my connection as other sites work just fine it's just SD.net that's slow.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

is it just me or is the broad a bit unstable at the moment?
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Its not just you, it seems to have been down about 24 hours (give or take) starting yesterday. It only just loaded for me a minute ago, even though I've tried periodically since around 2:00PM local time yesterday (I'm in Denver, CO, for reference). And it looks like you are one of the first people to post since the board got back online.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Try following the SDN FB page. That's where we usually get feedback from Dalton and Wong. Seems a neighbor of Wong's cut his cable.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

I don't have a facebook account. I can't even find the SDN page, unless you mean Mike's personal account.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

No. It's called 'Members of Stardestroyer.net Unite' or something along those lines.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

It must not be it, then, because it still doesn't show up in any search. I'm betting that the name of this website is not in the page name at all, because you would expect that it would show up in a search even for the wrong name if that were the case.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

It's a closed group IIRC, so that might affect search results.

Anyway, if you don't have a FB account, it's not a big deal, you just won't get updates on what's going on during the occasional outages.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Every time I log on from a device other than my laptop, I get a notification that the site's security certificate expired 291 days ago.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2017-12-20 01:48pm Every time I log on from a device other than my laptop, I get a notification that the site's security certificate expired 291 days ago.
That's probably because at some point you permanently bypassed the "bad certificate" error in the browser on your laptop. I'm not prepared to do that, so I still get the error every time (and I'm getting a bit fed up of it). BTW, it's been longer than 291 days; the certificate expired in November last year.

Hint, hint. Any word on getting this fixed? Hint, hint...
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

SpottedKitty wrote: 2017-12-22 02:00pm
U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2017-12-20 01:48pm Every time I log on from a device other than my laptop, I get a notification that the site's security certificate expired 291 days ago.
That's probably because at some point you permanently bypassed the "bad certificate" error in the browser on your laptop. I'm not prepared to do that, so I still get the error every time (and I'm getting a bit fed up of it). BTW, it's been longer than 291 days; the certificate expired in November last year.

Hint, hint. Any word on getting this fixed? Hint, hint...
Might want to check the cert. It's showing up fixed here.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Showing up as fixed here too now.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Fixed here too. Must have just been taking a bit longer to propagate to me.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Is it just me or has the broad been slow/unstable recently?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Lord Revan wrote: 2018-01-08 03:40pm Is it just me or has the broad been slow/unstable recently?
A little bit on my phone, but mostly settled down now.