Report board software problems here

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Re: Report board software problems here

Postby Executor32 » 2016-11-08 01:03am

I've noticed over the past week or two that embedded Youtube videos no longer display at all in Chrome, there's just a big empty space. They still appear correctly in Firefox and Edge, however, as well as other Chromium-based browsers such as SlimJet. It's only here, too, embedded videos on other sites work perfectly fine. I've tried setting the Flash plugin to 'Always Allowed', but no dice.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow

Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Postby Executor32 » 2016-11-08 06:50pm

Addendum: They also work correctly in Chrome for Android, where they're displayed with Youtube's HTML 5 player. I'm going to try disabling Flash on my desktop to see if it'll do likewise.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool

Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Postby Executor32 » 2016-11-08 08:15pm

No dice, unfortunately. still just a blank area. Using Chrome's DOM inspector to replace the embed code with the HTML5 version makes it finally load, though obviously doing that manually every time I want to watch an embedded Youtube video is just silly. Is it possible to update the [youtube] tags so they use the HTML5 embed in the first place? I imagine we could fix the https problem at the same time.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。

SpottedKitty
Jedi Knight

Postby SpottedKitty » 2016-11-10 10:10pm

I've noticed a couple of annoying glitches the last few days.

On random threads, I'm no longer getting email notifications. I see the threads appear in the New Posts list, but no emails in my inbox (and nothing in my junk mail folders, either).

For the last couple of days I've been unable to reach the stardestroyer.net site for a few hours in the afternoon (GMT). All other browser activity is unaffected, it just abruptly stops resolving all forum links, giving me (eventually) a standard timeout error.

Anyone else?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Postby J » 2016-11-12 12:58am

SpottedKitty wrote:For the last couple of days I've been unable to reach the stardestroyer.net site for a few hours in the afternoon (GMT). All other browser activity is unaffected, it just abruptly stops resolving all forum links, giving me (eventually) a standard timeout error.

Anyone else?

It's been happening for me as well, though not at the same time (early afternoon, EST).

Also, spoiler tags don't seem to be working, they refuse to open for some reason.
Spoiler
wonky
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker