Greatest Videogame Ever. (not a poll, there's too many)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Antediluvian wrote:I've always enjoyed the Aliens vs Predator series for PC, a great couple of games, especially when playing the Alien or the Predator (I'm lethal with them. :twisted: )

Here's one no one mentioned: Unreal. Another excellent game.

Also:

The Homeworld series (Anyone hear HW 2 is finally coming out?)

The Freespace Series

Clive Barker's Undying

Klingon Academy

Emperor: Battle for Dune

War of the Worlds

Anyone remember the Ecco: the Dolphin game for Genesis? That was an awesome game.

PS2:

The Thing

Devil May Cry

Silent Hill 2

WWF Smackdown 3
Remember it?!? Oh hell yeah. I had the second one, wish I had never gotten rid of it. That had to be the most beautiful game. The controls were some of the most fucking awesome controls. There was a recent Ecco on the Dreamcast which the ported to the PS2. I heard Sony's version didn't seem as good as the DC, but I will say this, the DC version does nothing more than help raise a bar in video games that every programmer should be striving to surpass. Story, Controls, Graphics in that order.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:
Remember it?!? Oh hell yeah. I had the second one, wish I had never gotten rid of it. That had to be the most beautiful game. The controls were some of the most fucking awesome controls. There was a recent Ecco on the Dreamcast which the ported to the PS2. I heard Sony's version didn't seem as good as the DC, but I will say this, the DC version does nothing more than help raise a bar in video games that every programmer should be striving to surpass. Story, Controls, Graphics in that order.
BTW, GBA just got a Sega pack and it has Ecco on it along with Sonic Spinball and Golden Axe.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Originally posted by DG_Cal_Wright:

I agree with you. Its to bad not many people played it. The enviroments were awesome. That was a Inovative game
Evil Jerk
Moderator Emeritus
Location: In the Castle of Pain on the Mountain of Death beyond the River of Fire

Post by Evil Jerk »

Ecco? That brings back memories..
This may sound stupid, but that game sort of freaked me out when I first played it.
Actually, it's eerie sound effects and just about everything on Vortex scared the hell out of me.. maybe it was because I was young and wimpy.. :oops:
Good game though.
Evil Horseman, ready to torment the damned!

YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
Am I annoying you yet?
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
Ha Lire
Youngling
Location: The poor guy's in the middle of outer space. Pick him up please.

Post by Ha Lire »

If it makes you feel better I got scared of the boo mansions in the Mario games.
Ha Lire has decided to post in third-person untill he is a padawan. He hopes you have a nice day. He also asks you not to taunt him. You may also kick him if he messes it up.
Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Post by Sienthal »

It is good to see the great love for Deus Ex. I must say, if you have not played it...DO SO NOW! I think I'll have to try out System Shock 2, :)
Welcome to the Divine Empire of Ashcroft:
-Hey, you! Sending e-mail, eh?Say Cheese!
-What I say here is forever being recorded. Wonderful, isn't it?
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

Best game ive played recently would definately have to be HALO.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

It is good to see the great love for Deus Ex. I must say, if you have not played it...DO SO NOW! I think I'll have to try out System Shock 2,
System Shock 2 is an outstanding game. At times is even scary. Make sure you play with the lights low and a good sound system or headphones.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

IG-88E wrote: OMFG, I can't believe I forgot Conker! That game was funny as hell!
That game brings back some happy memories... I remeber when me I my pal played the multiplayer game when you tries to steal the other team's gas canister... We played the teddies and we used the Magnum with the laser sight on it. Hehehe, my pal got really mad when he was just about to shoot a squirrel and suddenly BAM the squirrels head is gone. Hmm, where did it go and why. One time, he got so mad the he decided to shot me when we had won. BAM!! Someone else's head got lost.... Hehehe it feels like it was yesterday, but it was last week...
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Ha Lire
Youngling
Location: The poor guy's in the middle of outer space. Pick him up please.

Post by Ha Lire »

Oooh! Ha Lire forgot Mario Kart!

Mario Kart>everything.

Ha Lire used to go into multiplayer and fill the place with green shells. Ha Lire would then attempt to shoot down the green shells with other green shells. Great fun.
Ha Lire has decided to post in third-person untill he is a padawan. He hopes you have a nice day. He also asks you not to taunt him. You may also kick him if he messes it up.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Cannon Fodder 1&2
Brutal Sports Football
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Black and White
Streetrod
WingCommander (1, 2, 3 & Privateer 1 & 2)
Freespace (1 & 2)
Doom (1 & 2)
Rainbow 6 (and Rogue Spear and Black Thorn)
Battlezone (1 & 2)
Die Hard (the arcade game)
Alien vs Predator (1 , 2 & the side scrolling beat em up arcade game)
Operation Flashpoint
Starcraft
Battle Realms
Shogun: Total War
MechWarrior (2, 3 & 4)
Heavy Gear (1 & 2)
System Shock (1 & 2)
Thief (1 & 2)
Deus Ex
Shining Force (1 & 2)
Arcanum
Morrowind
Final Flamewar: Attack of the Trolls
X-Wing (and TIE Fighter and XWA)
Stars!
Deadlock

And shit this list is too long already but...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Command and Conquer (ONLY the original)
Die by the Sword
Ecco the Dolphin 2: The Tides of Time

and finally...

Any lucasarts adventure game with the exception of "The Dig"