More of that copyright crap

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

More of that copyright crap

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I heard today that 2 congressmen in the House of Representatives are proposing a bill that, it passed, would restrict our rights to record stuff, and exchange files over the Internet.

This is the same that kept the VCR from becoming a household product until the 80's, and I think it's just a plan to restrict freedoms and give all the power to a few big media corporations.

"I'm not anti-business, I'm anti-idiot" -Scott Adams
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

You mean politicions are more loyal to those who fund their campaign than those they are suppost to represent? I can hardly conceal my shock.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

:shock: What! They are not listing to the People?
To Arms my people the Bolsihivcs shall be overthrown!
~In honor of Resident Commie
:D

And for another matter companys have already violated my writes, I'm allowed to make one back-up copy of any software I use and if a copy protect seceam prevents this its illegale
Thus the problem how do you tell the CD its ok to make ONE backup and then after that no more back-ups? :\

Blithering idioits

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton

Luckily, the bill hasn't been voted on, and might not be approved by congress and/or the president. If it does, everyone affected should ignore it.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Re: More of that copyright crap

Post by David »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:I heard today that 2 congressmen in the House of Representatives are proposing a bill that, it passed, would restrict our rights to record stuff, and exchange files over the Internet.

This is the same that kept the VCR from becoming a household product until the 80's, and I think it's just a plan to restrict freedoms and give all the power to a few big media corporations.

"I'm not anti-business, I'm anti-idiot" -Scott Adams

Oh? and how will they accompish this?

David, that's the point! The only way to stop the downloading of music, recording of shows, and exchange of internet files is to outlaw the Internet and VCR's, which will never happen.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Ah, more useless laws. Good to see our politicians are earning their paychecks.
une
Padawan Learner

Post by une »

Downloading and uploading copy righted music, movies, books, etc is a crime already. What will this new law change?
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

It'll allow those two Congressmen to have their names on a new bill, so they can crow abou it in upcomming elections.