I SO FUCKING HATE MY GODDAMN COMPUTER

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

I SO FUCKING HATE MY GODDAMN COMPUTER

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

MICROSOFT IS PURE SHIT!

I WANNA BANG THE FUCKING HELL OUT OF MY CPU WITH MY FUCKING KEYBOARD!
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Akm72
Padawan Learner

Post by Akm72 »

er...Any particular reason for this sudden outburst? :?
"Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it."
- Dan Barker
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

it keeps saying all SD.net threads have been read WHEN I HAVEN'T EVEN FUCKING TOUCHED THEM!
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Thats not Microsofts problem, Thats not even IE's fault, thats the way the board is set up, Did you open up TWO windows before you hit the new threads button?

Cause the latest window is what that link goes on so if you visted twice in fifteen minutes, does not matter if the vist BEFORE that was six years ago and you have not been here, it goes on that 15 mintues

Thats a BBI coding problem NOT a Micrsoft problem(though you can find one of those if you look hard enough)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

no

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

It's the reset function, I have explained it to you before Ray Cav.

On some systems, (Mine and Ray Cav.'s) any time there is a drop out or service interuption, or Denial of service, everything get's reset as all entries have been read. It's a software problem.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

That shut him up.
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

I think I know whats happening.

Raycav uses a mac, and IE on Mac if a link wrapped in a DIV element the element will expand in IEs DOM interptitation. Since the Mark all threads read option is right next to some useful controls, if you aren't exact you might end up clicking on that and think you are clicking somthing else.
The Biblical God is more evil than any Nazi who ever lived, and Satan is arguably the hero of the Bible. -- Darth Wong, Self Proffessed Biblical Scholar
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Ted wrote:That shut him up.
That's the last straw

*PLONK!*

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

You can't plonk someone here

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

You know you should really try to hit some besides yourself when you do that.
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

THe Yosemite Bear wrote:You can't plonk someone here
I can at least pretend to

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
One word can be used to discribe this course of action: stupid
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Visit ASVS more often :P

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote: I can at least pretend to
I visit several times a day. The idea of announcing your plonking when no such feature exists is just stupid.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote: One word can be used to discribe this course of action: stupid
I visit several times a day. The idea of announcing your plonking when no such feature exists is just stupid.
Ah screw it

*PLONK!*

Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

I decided to be anti-anti-microsoft... because I hate those people who go "windoze$$$ ruined my life!!!! If I didn't have windoze$$$ I'd use LINUX and my life wouldn't be ruineded!!!!" - LOAF 621:4
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:it keeps saying all SD.net threads have been read WHEN I HAVEN'T EVEN FUCKING TOUCHED THEM!
Accessing most webboards from a different browser or from a different computer will do that. Board software isn't smart enough to handle this kind of situation so it just assumes everything's been read.

I wish SD had an NNTP interface....
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.