What are some things that really bug you?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

There are no pictures! And she probly hasnt even done most of what your thinking, anyway.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

just a joke!
as you see i´m still laughing.
*haha...*
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

salm wrote:just a joke!
as you see i´m still laughing.
*haha...*
I'm not laughing

And still waiting for pictures!
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
oberon
Padawan Learner

Post by oberon »

So, the other day, my dad and I go into a Skipper's. Before we went, we both joked abt how we hate Skipper's, but hey, we had a 2-for-1 coupon so might as well (I haven't eaten at a Skipper's since I was 8 years old, or thereabouts). So we go. As we enter, I detour to the men's room, and he goes to order. I come out as he's headed in, and he says "It came to $11.23, so I told them to forget it." I round the corner to the lobby and what do I hear? The manager and the counter girl bad-mouthing a customer--my dad. The manager goes (insert nasal mocking voice here) "Maybe it's because I'm in food service, but when I go someplace to eat, I expect to spend money. Somehow people get this concept in their heads that we're supposed to just have our doors open for them."

TEACHABLE MOMENT STRIKES: I expect to spend money too, and if I go someplace that's halfway nice, I expect to pay $10 or so for a lunch entree. I have no problem paying a premium for, say, a nice grilled tuna steak sandwich. But Skipper's doesn't have tuna steak sandwiches. They are a fast-food place, and they market themselves as such. Charging $11 for one meal and 2 drinks is ridiculous when you're as bad on both the customer service aspect AND the food aspect as they are. You can go any number of places--Ivar's, Elliot Bay Brewery, I mean, shit, just about ANYWHERE--and pay a comparable price for fresh food and a real waitperson to bring it to you. But Skipper's? Come ON.

Teachable Moment #2: "They expect us to have our doors open for them". Well, fucking DUH! You charge money, you expect customers. But don't overcharge then take an attitude because someone changes their mind!

So they snickered at my dad, all the while ignoring me, while I'm standing there looking for all the world like, you guessed it, a customer. Instead of making eye contact or even pretending they were interested in making a sale, they continued to deride another customer (notice how the fact that we're related matters not--it's simply the fact that he was a paying customer who changed his mind about an order) in front of me. Then the manager, instead of acknowledging my presence or delegating that awful task to his menial laborer, goes off to scrub the feces off the tables in the dining room and collect his precious trays. I look at the menu a few moments longer while the girl continues with her bored looks, then ask "So $7.50 plus $2.80... then tax... comes to $11.23?" She confirms, so I say (teachable moment #3), "You know, he might work in food service, and you might even work in food service too [notice the implication that I use the words "food" and "service" very loosely] but I'll tell you, we both work in customer service and one thing we don't do is badmouth customers in front of other customers. We won't be back." Her response? A look so bored it came just short of an eye-roll.

Like I said, we both work in customer service. We are very experienced in it. My girlfriend too, and just about everyone else I know, work in customer service too. We do it very well and we make a decent living at it. As a lifestyle modification, we tend to be very forgiving toward service workers, and give them a break whenever possible. For instance, if that pizza delivery is 5, or even 20, minutes late, we won't bitch and ask for a free pizza. Instead, we'll give him at least a $5 tip. It's more important that that guy, who drives his own car to accomplish that shitty job, can make a living wage and not kill himself or burn his car up. The same goes for anywhere. But that time at Skipper's, they didn't have a fucking clue. That manager thought he was all hot shit because he was in customer service, but if they had had decent food, we would have waited for it. That was bullshit. That was one thing that bugged me.

I told my dad, and he goes "I don't care if they badmouth me--they work at Skipper's!" So that's another take. We make good money because we have good service jobs. But just because you make minimum wage, if you're in a service job, then you better goddamn get used to providing some service. Skipper's has a long way to go--they have never had good food, so to compound their crappiness with lousy service is unforgivable. They are competing with, and their food is lower-quality than, McDonald's, yet they have prices higher than Ivar's. Go figure.

That wasn't going to be my original subject. I was really going to list this on the topic of pet peeves:

People who drive slower and more hesitantly in their BMW Z-3s and Acuras and Impalas than I do in my 1984 Subaru wagon. Come on, passive safety (AKA defensive driving) is the name of the game, people! You can't steer if you're not moving...
What a world, what a world! Who would have thought that a little girl could destroy my wickedness?
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

People who say that Female Bodybuilders:

Look like Men

Are on steroids

Aren't attractive

Aren't "feminine"

Should act more "feminine"

Shouldn't be lifting weights :roll:

People who think Women shouldn't be athletes

People who think women shouldn't compete against men in athletics (like amateur wrestling)

Prudes

Christian Fundamentalists

Bratty Kids

Parents who beat their kids in public

Dogs who steal houseplants

Macho, Arrogant, Loudmouths

Bullies

People who betray you

People who are nosy

Bigots (Homophobes, Racists, Sexists, Religious Discrimination, etc.)

People who can't shut up when you're trying to watch a movie.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

female bodybuilders

*ducks*
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

salm wrote:female bodybuilders

*ducks*
"Stuffs salm in the nearest escape pod and shoots him into the sun." :)
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

(One of my friends (if he wasnt atheist, hed prob be a fundie) has decided that tickling her is immoral, and always tries to break us up....grrr, stupid prick.)

Maybe if you backhanded him accidentally on purpose, he wouldn't do that anymore. :)
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

YEEEHAW

I.R. first baboon on sun!
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

heehee....

fundies in general bug me...as well as stereotypes...anything that bugs me...

I hate...

I hate insomnia (not the Coffeehouse).

I hate drama.

I hate my life.

I hate Amanda.

I hate Mr. Philips.

I hate newbies and lazy-asses.

I hate having my hours cut, esp. when I specifically request long shifts.

I hate my headphones.

I hate the way I can never get the attention of hot guys.

I hate the way I always get girls to look at me (even if they be hot) when I don't really care.

I hate the way I can have any hot girl I want, but don't because I'm not sure about the whole bi thing.

I hate the fact that I lost my dragon pendant.

I hate not being able to fix my DJ so that I can fix the comment links.

Unh...

I hate so many things...

I hate not having a boyfriend.

I hate seeing my friend Sarah flaunt her boyfriend at me.

I hate seeing my friend Miriam talk about her new girlfriend.

I hate Miriam's sister talking about her new boyfriend.

I hate having people tell me about the peopel they hook up with.

I hate not being one of those people.

I hate this sucky computer.

I hate this sucky day.

I hate being tired but not ready to go to bed.

I hate having class at eight in the morning.

I hate Marcus.

Just a sampling...
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Things that bug me...

Bigots, racists and other backwards primitives

Religious fundamentalists of any sort

Extremism

Trolls

Thieves

People who can seriously use, and believe in the effectiveness of, "politically correct" terminology like "African/Asian/Native-American" despite the fact that said terminology accomplishes nothing but further segregation of the human race and is also completely racist

People who can seriously use, and believe in the effectiveness of, "politically correct" terminology like "Mentally/Physically/Emotionally Challenged" and "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder" despite the fact that said terminology accomplishes nothing but mocking these unfortunate people's conditions and making it sound like a game

People who believe American citizens deserved 9/11 (not the government, the citizens for whom the government was not chosen to represent)

Those damn 10-10-220 commercials that hire celebrities who sleep on beds of dollar bills to tout 99-cent long-distance phone calls

"Songs 4 Worship Kids" -- Hook 'em while they're young!

Michael Eisner and the current incarnation of Disney under his regime

Stupid White Men

Cold peanut butter
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Hey! Cold PB isn't bad! Well, at least when it's cruchy PB...besides, it keeps the oil from separating (just one of a few reasons to eat cold PB)

Formerly verilon

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

People who can seriously use, and believe in the effectiveness of, "politically correct" terminology like "African/Asian/Native-American" despite the fact that said terminology accomplishes nothing but further segregation of the human race and is also completely racist

I hate ALL political correctness, I believe it to be one of the worst things that could ever have been invented. Nukes? You can clean the mess after 50 years, but PC will contaminate people's minds for a lifetime, and probably longer when they teach it to their unlucky children...
People who can seriously use, and believe in the effectiveness of, "politically correct" terminology like "Mentally/Physically/Emotionally Challenged" and "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder" despite the fact that said terminology accomplishes nothing but mocking these unfortunate people's conditions and making it sound like a game
See above.
People who believe American citizens deserved 9/11 (not the government, the citizens for whom the government was not chosen to represent)
Those misguided asswiped simply need to be shot. There's no saving them from infecting other people with their destructive belief system.
"Songs 4 Worship Kids" -- Hook 'em while they're young!
GAWD I h8 those! I also hate the kids-singalong top40pop edition! Them lil kids don't need to be singing anything by that slut Titney Spears anyway (Why the fuck did she have to come from here in Louisiana?!) Speakin of Top40, I h8 that too, AND the MP/RIAA, AND their bought Congressmen! Gimme my fucking MP3s and kindly shoot yourself, RIAA!
Ok I'm one angry-ass sumbitch, but I have the right to be angry. Lata and Happy Fragging!
Image Image
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

ROTFLMMFGDQQAO!!! :mrgreen: I R Baboon was the funniest fucktard on nickelodeon! I M Weasel was funny too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was one phuctup phunny episode too! Lata and Happy Fragging!
Image Image
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
ROTFLMMFGDQQAO!!! :mrgreen: I R Baboon was the funniest fucktard on nickelodeon! I M Weasel was funny too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was one phuctup phunny episode too! Lata and Happy Fragging!
First off....QQ = Quake Queer?

2nd...IRBabboon...Cartoon Network...Not Nick

Formerly verilon

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Queer Quaker! LOL Close but no cigar (I might give it to you anyway if you want :mrgreen: )
Ouch! Cartoon Net R00LZ!!!! Nick droolz... It's almost all nick jr nowadays, which is almost exclusively Barney reruns! I seriously need to get more channels than the bare-bones cable which is glorified Soap Opera TV. Lata and Happy Fragging!
Image Image
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Queer Quaker! LOL Close but no cigar (I might give it to you anyway if you want :mrgreen: )
No, I prefer cigarettes and pipes (if you know what I mean...houkas are fun too... 8) )
Ouch! Cartoon Net R00LZ!!!! Nick droolz... It's almost all nick jr nowadays, which is almost exclusively Barney reruns! I seriously need to get more channels than the bare-bones cable which is glorified Soap Opera TV. Lata and Happy Fragging!
Barney! I'm sorry...

And I don't frag...I KO...all I play is Tekken4 nowadays...but TTT is also at our theatre, again, now...

Formerly verilon