What are some things that really bug you?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

What are some things that really bug you?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I don't lke it when narrow-minded people know someone else with my sme last name, and then ask if I'm related to them. I'ts even worse when they insist I am.

Another one of my pet peeves is babies in church. It's really annoying when you're about to doze off while the priest's giving his sermon on what happened to him last week in the boy's locker room and how it relates to Jesus, and then, some baby's crying wakes you up. I believe some churches have "cry rooms" for such children. I think parents should call a babysitter. I mean, two-thirds of all Americans don't attend church regularly, so, it sohuldn't be so hard. I was being sarcastic on that last comment. I know it's a very narrow-minded thought, and these devout parents don't have much of a choice, but I find it annoying.

Another one of my pet peeves are questions about what my pet peeves are. :wink:

What annoys you in life?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

PREPPIES
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I really don't like stupid people. That's part of why I really don't like DarkStar.

I also hate the new reporters we get who have absolutely no idea how to write an article, and I have to hold them by the hand for the first few weeks (and even a month and a half, in one jerk's case).

And I hate people who think that they have tons more knowledge than I do about something because they have incredibly limited first hand knowledge of it whereas my knowledge comes from careful study of the subject. It gets old after they dismiss everything I know as being irrelevent.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Stupid people, ignorant people, criminal scumbags, and those dumbasses who try to pickup my girlfriend from right under my nose thinking that I'm too ugly to be her boyfriend or something (inter-racial relationship thing?). It's happened enough times that I have a ready response for it, "hey Jeanie, you wanna smack the idiot first before I kill him?" Unfortunately it's illegal to kill these people and harvest their organs to donate or help medical research along.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

People who assume that life experience equals accumulated wisdom. My father pulls this shit all the time. Every time I argue with him, he falls back on the life experience defense, with his "ratting out the liberals/Republicans/gays" bullshit and the infamous "kids won't listen" defense.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Dalton wrote:People who assume that life experience equals accumulated wisdom. My father pulls this shit all the time. Every time I argue with him, he falls back on the life experience defense, with his "ratting out the liberals/Republicans/gays" bullshit and the infamous "kids won't listen" defense.
That's really just an "appeal to authority," except he's appealing to himself.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

anarchistbunny wrote:PREPPIES
Yes, death too Preps. I could be one, but I have a brain and can think for myself. I like my mid social ladder position.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Circus folk bug me
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

What's that?
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Laser-sights on sniper rifles in the movies. God, I hate that.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

How about flashlights and lasers in the movies where you can actually see the beams of light? You never see beams of light in real life.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Teachers and counselsors who say "take this course becasue you should" I took a bunch of BS courses in high school and all I learned was how to sleep on a desk.

rabid trektards

people who walk in the room while you're trying to concentrate on something and start playing music REALLY LOUD. Pain in the ass (and ears).
JADAFETWA
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
What's that?
Slang in the US for the snobs, obnoxious people at school. Basically the stuck ups and fucked up. They control the meager high school"social ladder" which I have been monitoring during early lunch while my friends eat lunch.

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

I thought the ones that controlled the school were the trouble-makers that most likely have criminal records?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:I thought the ones that controlled the school were the trouble-makers that most likely have criminal records?
I thought those were he "gangsters" we don't have much of that down here. Yeah, they are sort of trouble makers though you confront them they're pussies. Preps has different meanings across the country.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

FOOLS!
And Idiots too

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Flat soda.

People who want favors but give none in return.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Preppies and gansta wannabes (black, white or whatever)

People who try to shove their religion down my throat

People with Cell Phones glued to their ears. I hate it, they don't pay attention to the world around them. Even worse when it in the car. And when they go off in places like class, movies, and such. It's fucking annoying, you can live with out them people!

Children who can't behave in public. Obnoxious children don't belong in public. If they can't behave, don't bring them.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Loud people
Loud music
Loud anything
Noise
Christian fanatics
Muslim fanatics (aka terrorists)
Jewish fanatics
Capitalist fanatics
Copyright fanatics
Nationalist fanatics
Stupid fiction
Cliched fiction
Fictional characters who can't hate and don't hold grudges
Heroic fiction
'reality' TV
Sensationalist news
American nationalists (Azeron et el)
People who post to the net while intoxicated
Trolls
Kooks
Cranks
Teenagers
Kids
Drunks
Microsoft
The Associations of America
People
Life.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Rathark
Padawan Learner

Post by Rathark »

Dalton wrote:People who assume that life experience equals accumulated wisdom.
You have a point. Who's going to write the better novel:

1. The obnoxious guy at the video store who tells everyone "I'm gunna be the next Stephen King! Screw that, I'm gunna BE Stephen King!" Then he goes backpacking across Europe and Asia for a few months, comes back with his massive photo collection of himself standing in front of famous tourist sites with a stupid grin on his face, then continues business as usual while still waffling on about the same bullshit (except he would add a sprinkling of "Hey I'm the dude who's been places, y'know?")

2. The guy who actually sits down and writes the damn novel, doing any research that's necessary and travelling when he has the time and money, but most importantly following his instincts and curiousity rather than some cliched definition of coolness.

I know where I'd place my money.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Pink Bunnies, funny names, and hmm, British comedy.

LoL. No, seriously, there's only two things that bother me. Those that are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

LoL. Holy shit, I could go on.

I'm bothered by everything. That's why I'm a crabby asshole.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

cell phones in general. everytime one of those annoying little plastic buggers goes of i want to go berserk and punt it 50 yards.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:Pink Bunnies, funny names, and hmm, British comedy.

LoL. No, seriously, there's only two things that bother me. Those that are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

LoL. Holy shit, I could go on.

I'm bothered by everything. That's why I'm a crabby asshole.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

salm wrote:cell phones in general. everytime one of those annoying little plastic buggers goes of i want to go berserk and punt it 50 yards.
Nah, epoxy it to the inconsiderate asshole's head. A far more fitting and memorable punishment.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Stormbringer wrote:
salm wrote:cell phones in general. everytime one of those annoying little plastic buggers goes of i want to go berserk and punt it 50 yards.
Nah, epoxy it to the inconsiderate asshole's head. A far more fitting and memorable punishment.

aaahh, and then punt it 50 yards