No votes
No but I am interested
100%

Total votes: 1

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Has anybody here read Eco-logic?

Post by Guardsman Bass »

It's the newspaper for ECO(although I think the name is a joke; these guys are about as right-wing and gung-ho american jingoistic as you can imagine, even though their organization's name is "Environmental Conservation Organization.")
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Never heard of it.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Same
Should I have?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Resident Commie
Youngling

Post by Resident Commie »

I agree completly with you Guardsman Bass, they are as you put it they are,
right-wing and gung-ho american jingoistic as you can imagine,
You can learn what an organization is about by reading there platform here's theirs:

"ECO is a membership organization, consisting of individuals and organizations in America and 14 foreign countries. We believe the environment includes human beings who prosper or perish as the result of their stewardship of natural resources. We reject the notion that the environment is "fragile" and must be protected from human use by massive federal and international regulations. "

To sum it up they believe that the enviornment was created for humans to use to it's fullest extent. Seeing as they really aginst conservation it is quite hypocritical to say they are for conservation. The truth is the enviornment is "fragile" the heavy use of fossil fuels for the last 100 have in fact poluted the global ecosystem and resulted in Global Warming, the ozone hole, vast changes in ecosystems all over the world.

By also insisting on the destructive pattern of urbanization and development in wilderness areas simply because that is what is in their intrest. They neglect the effects it has on the existing eco system.

-Forest fires, naturally burn themselves out.
-The most destructive fires are set by humans.
-It is better to live with the enviornment then against it.
-Development and urbanization, inherently destroys the existing ecosystem.

The ECO is true irrational thinking at work. :roll:
If those in charge of our society-politicians, corporate executives and owners of press and television-can dominate our ideas, they will be secure in their power. They will not need soldiers patrolling the streets. We will control ourselves
-Howard Zinn
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

i agree with you Res. Comm.

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I thought it was hilarious at first how openly hypocritical they are; one person even emailed a letter to them, saying that they were deceiving readers by their name. This was the Eco-logic response:

"Our name is Environmental Conservation Organization. We believe in the conservation of natural resources, not their preservation."

pardon me, but isn't conservation usually synonymous with preservation?

It doesn't matter anyhow; most of their essays are written to bash the UN, worship the US, bash the Kyoto Treaty and about anything which threatens "sovereignty."