The B-2.........

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

The B-2.........

Post by MKSheppard »

Doomriser wrote: I mean, you guys are in a country that buys 2 billion dollar stealth bombers when people are starving in the streets. Canada has similar problems, but we still have a higher standard of living. How DARE you criticize the manner in which we run our government when yours is severely inferior in a number of serious categories.
You're just pissed that a single B-2 has more firepower than your entire
fleet of CF-18s....The cost is frighteningly high because the original 120+
B-2 fleet was axed down to just 20 bombers, and as a result, Northrop
Grumman had to recoup their R&D costs on just 20 units.....

Oh yeah, EXUBERANT MILITARISM KICKS ASS!

MKSheppard, proud to be an American WARSIOPATH!

I'll try and get some old pictures I have of the finest Canadian Hardware
at the Andrews AFB Open House from 1997 or so.......a fucking P-80
Shooting Star......I shit you not.....
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Re: The B-2.........

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

MKSheppard wrote:
Doomriser wrote:
MKSheppard, proud to be an American WARSIOPATH!
Stop stealing sig you wanker!
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

It would have been the training version of the P-80, MKS.

That said, I suspect this was supposed to be a reply, not a new thread.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Howedar wrote:It would have been the training version of the P-80, MKS.

That said, I suspect this was supposed to be a reply, not a new thread.
A chance to inflate my post count, yes......but you have to remember the
B-2 saves a lot of money by deleting a lot of the needed planes in a strike
package.......you don't need 12 F-15Cs flying CAP around the strike, nor
6 F-15E Wild Weasels, nor tanker aircraft for all of them, etc etc, just one
Bomber and one tanker..
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

And Canada has nil power projection and is unable to defend its vital interests or citizens around the world in any real meaningful way. How dare any Canadian question the United States military!

The B-2 quite simply represents the price of freedom..

Doomriser is a lot stupider then I thought.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Sea Skimmer wrote: How dare any Canadian question the United States military!
HELL YEAH, but I have a soft spot about Canucks, so lets humor these
Canuks, a bit, ok?

My Great Uncle, Jock Laurie in the white Tunic, at the
Black Watch Reserves in Montral.

Him again in a Defence Canada newspaper clipping......

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

MKSheppard wrote: A chance to inflate my post count, yes......but you have to remember the
Bomber and one tanker..
You're paranoid, MKS. I never disagreed.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Howedar wrote:
MKSheppard wrote: A chance to inflate my post count, yes......but you have to remember the
Bomber and one tanker..
You're paranoid, MKS. I never disagreed.
Except he is completely correct, the B-2 needs no SEAD, DEAD, standoff jammer's or AEW support.

Currently nearly 80 aircraft must be employed to get just twelve strikers each with two PGM's over a target safely. The B-2 needs a couple tankers even if flying from Missouri to Iraq and back, to deliver 16 PGM's.

The savings are quite massive in that respect.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Howedar wrote:You're paranoid, MKS. I never disagreed.
Hey, nobody has a lock on Paranoia like my mother.....the stories I could
tell you....

EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

MKSheppard wrote:
Howedar wrote:You're paranoid, MKS. I never disagreed.
Hey, nobody has a lock on Paranoia like my mother.....the stories I could
tell you....
Please inform us. I'm in the mood for a story.

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Sea Skimmer wrote:And Canada has nil power projection and is unable to defend its vital interests or citizens around the world in any real meaningful way. How dare any Canadian question the United States military!
That is because Canadian's aren't a target to half of the know world. American's on the other hand are. Really that was a VERY valid point.... :roll:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Crown wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:And Canada has nil power projection and is unable to defend its vital interests or citizens around the world in any real meaningful way. How dare any Canadian question the United States military!
That is because Canadian's aren't a target to half of the know world. American's on the other hand are. Really that was a VERY valid point.... :roll:
More valid then Doomrisers flame.

Canada has plenty of overseas citizens, the British had to save quite a few of them in Sierra Leone couple years back. The locals didn't really care about who they where beyond "from the west". Good thing the British where already in country, Canada couldn't have done jack.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Really I think you know what I meant Sea Skimmer, you clearly have the ability to read and write. The Canadia flag isn't being burned around the world. Canadian embassies are not being attacked. Canadian sky scrapers are not being rammed by 747's. So why then are America's with it's 'top military'?

Honestly... :roll:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Crown wrote:Really I think you know what I meant Sea Skimmer, you clearly have the ability to read and write. The Canadia flag isn't being burned around the world. Canadian embassies are not being attacked. Canadian sky scrapers are not being rammed by 747's. So why then are America's with it's 'top military'?

Honestly... :roll:

Because, right or wrong, we try to make a difference, Not sit there tring to not be noticed, and depend on treaties to supliment your 55 thousand strong military.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

Oh, please, Sheppard, I wasn't criticizing the cost effectiveness of the B2. I was just showing a "visible" example (ironic, isn't it?) of U.S. military spending. I'm not going to pretend that we have top of the line equipment - our American-made CF-18s are falling apart. Our domestic air defense industry was dismantled at the behest of Uncle Sam. The fact is that whenever Canada has faced a severe crisis, militarily or otherwise, the military has usually been able to perform as effectively, if not more effectively, than any comparable army. When size is needed, such as in WWII, we boosted our entire armed forces from tiny to one of the largest in the entire world. Canada's per-capita commitment to international military duties (that don't piss people off) exceeds that of the U.S. There is no justification for criticizing Canada's military in the manner that you are. Sure, it needs better equipment. But troop-wise, we're already maxed-out, meaning that the army needs increased funding, but not the 10X increase in size that would require fascist conscription and irresponsible spending. Just because the U.S. spends more money than they should on the military doesn't mean we have to.