About Isolationism

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Azeron
Village Idiot

About Isolationism

Post by Azeron »

You know, I am really not someone who wants to get involved with the rest of the world. Many people think that because I support the current war, that I like going around and beating the crap out of foriegn cuktures and wiping out htier "rich cultural heritage" and replace it with sterialized Corporate brand names. Well it would be nice, but to tell you the truth, I anm really an isolationist. I don't particularily care for europe, aftirca, or the rest of the world. the UN is a joke, and the international community is even a bigger one. (considering they are oxynorons in practice)

Now why do I want to invade Iraq, and the rest of the middle east. I consider them dangerous. I was an avid supporter of withdrawing from this hell hole region before 9/11, but I realize that they are just fucked up culturally. I thnk the only way we can fix it, is by excising the dangerous destructive, and in manby cases evil cancers in their culture, and reform it into a modern western government styles, like we did in turkey.

Now whats the mnoral justification for this? Cause once we fix thier cultures like we did in japan and germany, they are going to continue to attack us no matter what. Quite frankly they won't leave us alone so we can return to isolationism.

From what I see, there really isn't anything worth peserving outside the US. Just chaos, turning into itself. Best thng to do is not be apart of it, but we have to do something becasue we are left with no choice.

So as soon as we are finished realigning this messed up world to more acceptable, productive terms, maybe in say 50 years, we are stuck fixing things ourselves, because we can't leave it to the foriegners, they will just mess things up even worse.

then we can move onto getting off this helhole of a planet and bombarding it with asteroids.
The Biblical God is more evil than any Nazi who ever lived, and Satan is arguably the hero of the Bible. -- Darth Wong, Self Proffessed Biblical Scholar
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Re: About Isolationism

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Azeron wrote:...then we can move onto getting off this helhole of a planet and bombarding it with asteroids.
Yeah, 'cause that's what the High Frontier is all about. :roll:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: About Isolationism

Post by Dalton »

Azeron wrote:So as soon as we are finished realigning this messed up world to more acceptable, productive terms, maybe in say 50 years, we are stuck fixing things ourselves, because we can't leave it to the foriegners, they will just mess things up even worse.
Yay, a McDonald's on every corner and a Starbucks in every backyard. Hooray for the American corporate culture.

Somehow I don't think America is the "ideal" culture and I think many of those "foreigners" are doing better than us.

And I don't understand how a foreign person in a foreign country is a foreigner.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Yay, a McDonald's on every corner and a Starbucks in every backyard. Hooray for the American corporate culture.
They wouldn't be there if there was no demand.

Isolationism is far more complex than simply advocating non-interventionist foreign policy; it involves economic isolationism and restrictive attitudes towards immigration as well. I consider myself to be very non-interventionist, but I consider myself none of these other things. I feel insulted, in fact, when I am called an "isolationist" for my foreign policy views. A classic example of a true isolationist society would be China, for most of its history, in fact.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You moron.

We didn't secularize Turkey. Mustafa Kemal did.
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

In case you forgot, turkey and thier outlying islands were given to the US as part of the UN Mandate, to establish stable governments in the former Ottoman Empire.

We basically gave the country to him beasue he represented what we thought was best. Then we aided Turkey in a consturctive maner. Which is more than Europe can say fro the rest of the mid east
The Biblical God is more evil than any Nazi who ever lived, and Satan is arguably the hero of the Bible. -- Darth Wong, Self Proffessed Biblical Scholar
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Isolationism is the worst idea ever. Even worse than Enterprise and Voyager. Isolationism got us into WW2. If the US had taken a more active role, Hitlar might not have had the balls to invade Poland, or the Japanese to invade China.

Have you even been out of the continental US Azeron?

Personally I think America would be a better place without people like Azeron.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

So you are all for an american imperium, invassions lerft and right of countries we don't like and consider dangerous?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Nice to see that you haven't been listening, Azershit.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Azeron wrote:So you are all for an american imperium, invassions lerft and right of countries we don't like and consider dangerous?
Azeron, how can you possibly go from non-isolationist to imperialist??
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Azeron wrote:So you are all for an american imperium, invassions lerft and right of countries we don't like and consider dangerous?
Need I remind you that that is what you just calimbed you were supporting the 'Iraq attack' for?

and I say that if you are so keen, you should be

AZERON!! FIRST IN LAST OUT!
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

Necron,
So I take it, you are so not worried about terrorist attacks,
that you would be wiling to guarntee it with your life? So if there is another attack, we let the terrorists go, and put you into the gas chamber?

ohh no, you are not that sure are you?
Fucking hypocrit.

Just SHUTUP and let the real Americans deal with the trash in Bhagdad.

Making America Safe, 1 invasion at a time.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Like we didn't know this before...

Anyway, I don't tihnk America needs the rest of the world, but everyone would be much better off if all of the countries cooperated. The countries need each other, whether it's for trade, learning from other people's mistakes, whatever! Besides, if America stayed isolationist throughout WWII, the Europeans wouldn't stand a chance agianst .
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB