Rants of a Commie

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

AltoidMaster
Redshirt

Post by AltoidMaster »

Water is wet is not a flaw on the part of water.

What kind of idiotic metaphor is this? Water is wet, therefore government is not perfect.

And in the end, when did I say that government was perfect? IN fact, I recall someone ELSE who was talkign about a "near utopian society". I wonder who that is? HMM?
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

AM:
What part of the basic theorem:
"Government is made of people, people can make mistakes, and can act in a corrupt manner, therefore government can act in a corrupt manner and makes mistakes" Don't you understand?
WHY is this simple concept so tough to get?
Water is wet, therefore water acts in a wet manner. You say that wetness is a property of water.
You don't see ANY parralel in the reasoning?
If you do not, it is because you:
Don't WANT to get it, or
Are too foolish to get it.
I don't see the ability to be corrupted as a character flaw.
I consider it human nature.
Oh, that's right, you want to change human nature, rather than adapt the system of government TO human nature.
It is easier to do which one?
Note: Systems of government are changable, human nature is NOT.
ALL efforts to change, rather than WORK WITH human nature, are DEHUMANISING, and ALWAYS result in more suffering than the problems these attempted "changes" were trying to stop.
Like a tourniquet for a bloody nose, your cure is worse than the disease.
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
AltoidMaster
Redshirt

Post by AltoidMaster »

Conditioning to change "nature" (I use the term loosely because the example here does not proove that we can condition people to be altruistic or an ideal citizen) has been proven. Example, I believe an experiment with a child called Albert loved fluffy animals like mice and rabbits. Scientists conditioned Albert to be frightened of furry animals by making loud noises whenever he touched one. They then elevated it to the point where when Albert even saw a mouse, he would scream and cry in terror. This is conditioning. Awful isn't it? But what about forcing people to like Communism? I know an old couple who lived in China for a long time. For them, communism was the only thing they really knew. For them, communism is good. No matter what you say to them they cling to that "truth" which had been taught to them. That's the conditioning that Communists hope to impose on EVERYONE.

Do you think corruption is a problem? I certainly do, in fact, I believe government should try to eliminate corruption. Government shouldn't be built around corruption and hiding it. This is a big problem in China right now. They have to get rid of it. The fact that people CAN corrupt is something that is inherently wrong, hence we try to neutralize the damage corrupt people can do.

There is nothing WRONG with water being wet. No one tries to CHANGE the fact that water is wet. This is the inherent problem with your metaphor. It doesn't fit the description of government and imperfection at all!
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

AM:
Are you pretending to be stupid to get my goat?
It is a far cry to go from,"Government , because it has people in it, will have corruption in it," to:
"Corruption is acceptable"
The treknobable explanation would be:
"Idealy, our form of government should include multiple dynamic hueristic algoriths in it's primary method of implementation"
Or in English, in small words:
"We gotta have a way a findin and fixin da crooks."
Is that simple enough?
Oh yes, we do have a way to weed out the bad ones in power already.
A system of checks and balances, with elected officials ultimatly answerable to the voting public.
Everyone else seems to get my drift, even RC. He just disagrees with me.
That's because he doesn't want a fair society, he wants one skewed in his favour.
I ask again, are playing stupid, to get my goat, or merely saying stupid things?
I bet that in real life, when you want to piss people off, you play word games, or passive agressive bullshit baby games.
I don't treat fools the way they want, I treat them the way they deserve.
I will never win this arguement with you, because you keep redefining what I say, to fit your redefinitions of of you being right. No matter what, you will "win" this arguement. In your mind.
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Water is wet, Government is corrupt because it is government, I don't see what is so hard to under stand about Emp's statement.
John
Village Idiot

Rants of a Commie

Post by John »

!) The only good communist is a dead communist.
2) I'd rather be killing communists.
3) Kill a commie for your mommy.
However bad the US is, it is still better than any commie state you could ever imagine, even in my worst nightmares.
Contrary to your humanist wishful thinking, Might ALWAYS makes Right.

Morality is the Moralist's excuse to mind YOUR business instead of his own.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rants of a Commie

Post by David »

John wrote:!) The only good communist is a dead communist.
2) I'd rather be killing communists.
3) Kill a commie for your mommy.
However bad the US is, it is still better than any commie state you could ever imagine, even in my worst nightmares.

A bit radical, but true.