Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

America's Stupidest Governor.....

Post by MKSheppard »

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=28931

America's most stupid governor

© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

Robert Raymond Fustero, of Silver Spring, Md.,
is a retired clerk for Giant supermarket.

He has never before run for public office. But he decided it would be fun, as a Democrat, to run for governor of Maryland at a cost of only $250 to file. So he did, with his daughter Linda as his running mate.

He did no campaigning at all.

Then, on Sept. 10, in Maryland's primary election, Mr. Fustero was absolutely astounded to receive 105,447 votes.

This is very possibly the most spectacular response to any write-in candidate in U.S. history.

Mr. Fustero, a congenial and amused man, was running for governor against Maryland's Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, of America's political royal family.

What apparently led more than 100,000 Maryland Democrats to vote for this unknown, rather than for KKT, was her 8 years as lieutenant governor to Maryland's term-limited incumbent governor, Parris Glendening.

At one point early in his two terms, Glendening, in a survey rating of all 50 U.S. state governors, was rated number 49, with number 50 being Arizona Gov. Fyfe Symington, who had just been indicted.

Glendening, a former political science professor at the University of Maryland, came into the governorship under a cloud. He told Prince George's County, where he was county executive, that he was leaving them with a surplus – which was really a deficit – in part, because he had arranged a secret but lucrative pension plan for himself.

As governor, Glendening managed, by his huge spending, to change a $1 billion surplus into a $1 billion deficit. This was, in part, because he arranged the purchase of a $4 million luxury plane – allegedly to transport convicts, but also used to transport him to such events as football games.

Gov. Glendening also increased the salary of one of his female staffers by more than $50,000, even as he, a married man, began spending nights in her Annapolis condo. This was soon covered by a Gary Hart-like surveillance team of reporters from the Washington Post.

Glendening's heavily-paid staff-mistress (who is now his third wife) was repeatedly referred to as "The Big Boss" by one of Maryland's political legends, William Donald Schaefer, who was four times mayor of Baltimore, twice governor of Maryland and now state comptroller. He is widely beloved for his honesty, for his energy (Do it NOW!) and for being the most entertaining political leader in Maryland – perhaps in all of American history.

Schaefer is loathed by Glendening, who persuaded his willing Secretary of State John Willis to run against Schaefer for comptroller.

Almost every Democrat leader in Maryland – including Lt. Gov. Townsend – endorsed Schaefer for re-election. But Glendening responded by spending $50,000 in smear- Schaefer radio spots. These called Schaefer racist and sexist because he referred to some female acquaintances as "My little girls."

Fifty women promptly demonstrated in Annapolis as "HIS LITTLE GIRLS – AN HONOR."

In the primary election, Schaefer, age 80, annihilated Glendening's candidate Willis by 64 percent to 32 percent.

There are three federal investigations going on, two of which concern areas of the Maryland state government assigned by Glendening to Kathleen Kennedy Townsend.

Lt. Gov. Townsend was willing to publicly dissent with Glendening over his smear- Schaefer radio spots. But the federal investigations, and her failure to dissent with Glendening on so many earlier problems – from the budget to the luxury plane to the mistress – may well make eight years of acquiescence to Glendening just too much.

With 105,000 Democrat votes for Fustero the unknown, there could be an even greater loss in 55 days when Democrats can vote for Republican Congressman Bob Ehrlich in the general election.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

So that lucky son of a gun acutaly won? :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Wow... That makes Jesse "The Body" look like a positive bastion of intelligence.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hey Iceberg where ya been?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Mr Bean wrote:Hey Iceberg where ya been?
Took a break. It's a long story and I'll tell it over PM if you really want to know.

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Mr Bean wrote:So that lucky son of a gun acutaly won? :D
Unfortunately, no, he lost to KKT. But the Kennedy Bitch is not
going to win my fair state's guvnorship, because even such die hard
demmycrats such as my friend Ed are voting for a republican, rather
than a Kennedy whore.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Beat that Latin America! Just try and out corrupt the arsenal of democracy!
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Heh heh, Idioits in large numbers, they can move worlds

HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Actually, hasn't Ventura been a fairly decent governer?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Yeah, but we like to complain about him anyway. Just like we complained about Rudy Perpich for 12 years but actually loved him with all of our Midwestern hearts.

Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

America's stupidest (ex-)governor is currently in the White House...
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Iceberg wrote:Yeah, but we like to complain about him anyway. Just like we complained about Rudy Perpich for 12 years but actually loved him with all of our Midwestern hearts.
But you're Midwesterners! You can't do anything else but love them! (Unless you're in Chicago, at which points all bets are off).
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Is Jesse Ventura running for re-election? After that XFL mess, I'm not sure he's going to get anywhere.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

No, though I wouldn't count out Jesse running for president in '04...

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Enlightenment wrote:America's stupidest (ex-)governor is currently in the White House...
Nah. Our Guvnor, Parris N. Glendening, DIVORCED his wife on their
25th Wedding Anniversary, and 2 months later, marries his aide,
who is 25 years younger than he is, and a few months later, she
delivers a baby......what a fucking scumbag Glendening is....he
took a $1 Billion surplus in our state treasury and turned it into a fuckin
big DEFICIT with his spendola programs.

He also did the same thing in Prince Georges' County 10 years ago
as county executive , by putting the County 100 million in DEBT,
while arranging a nice $3 million dollar severance package.

The PG County people didn't find out about that until the NEW county
executive got into office and found out that Glendening's words
were worth nothing....

Heres a link

http://www.cato.org/dailys/08-27-02.html
When he was elected in 1994, Parris Glendening seemed a clean, honest, moderate, technocratic former professor. His running mate was a young professor's wife with a famous name. Glendening might be a bit dull, and he might give Maryland big government, but at least it would be clean government. Glendening and Townsend lost 21 of Maryland's 24 jurisdictions, but they carried the big ones.

So what did he do when he took office? Well, here's how The Washington Post described his first budget:

In his first major act as Maryland governor, Parris N. Glendening unveiled a no-new-taxes budget that unabashedly steers the biggest share of spending to the three areas that voted most strongly for him: Montgomery and Prince George's counties and Baltimore. Tax the Republican counties, subsidize the Democrats.

MKSheppard

Glendening also pioneered Vote Stealing......

Post by MKSheppard »

He stole the election in 1994 from Republican Ellen Saubery....

Saubery won every County in MD except for 3:

Montgomery, Prince Georges - and Baltimore City.

At the time, it seemed very odd that election results were so
late coming in from Baltimore city when they are usually
among the first. . .

No longer think it odd.