New gangsta trend significantly reduces fatalities......

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

New gangsta trend significantly reduces fatalities......

Post by MKSheppard »

I can't tell if this is actually a joke or a real article......

http://www.recoilmag.com/news/new_gangs ... _0902.html

White gangsta wannabe James B. demonstrates the inferior shooting style.

New gangsta trend significantly reduces inner city shooting fatalities

Los Angeles, Calif. -- According to an article published in the September issue of Handguns magazine, a recent decline in fatalities resulting from inner city handgun shootings can be credited to the thriving popularity of a flashy new gangsta-style shooting technique wherein the weapon is canted 180 degrees from its normal upright position.

"Hollywood overkill of the sideways gangsta shooting method encouraged many modern hoods to look for a less trendy but equally cool-looking technique for offin' someone,'" wrote freelancer Marian Ayoob in Handguns' September cover story, entitled "Better To Look Good Than To Shoot Good." "Over the last three months, holding a gun completely upside down has become the predominant method used by stylish gangstas whom, as they say, 'be fixin' to put a cap in a [person's] dome.'"

The article went on to reiterate statistics from the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD), which documented August 2002 as having the lowest record of shooting fatalities for men between the ages of 17-34 since December 1980.

"The number of gang-related altercations involving gunplay has remained steady, yet the rate of fatalities resulting from these shootings dropped fourteen percent last month," wrote Ayoob. "These statistics clearly indicate that the bullets - of which there are approximately the same number being fired - are not hitting their intended targets."

Ayoob also cited studies by ballistic experts at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, which estimate that employing the unorthodox handgun shooting technique can reduce a subject's short range accuracy by as much as 80 percent.

U of M researchers said that this significant decrease in accuracy results from attempting to shoot the firearm while it is upside down.

"A gangsta utilizing the sideways, ninety-degree shooting method generally experiences only an accuracy loss of roughly twenty percent," said Dr. Keith Marcus of the University of Michigan. "But the shooter loses tremendous accuracy when the gun is turned an additional ninety degrees. With the sideways method you could still use the sights to aim. Upside down, you have to pretty much guesstimate [when aiming]. And having to use your pinky to operate the trigger certainly doesn't help."

Marcus added that a shooter's accuracy is further reduced if the subject is either running from police or trying to look at himself in a mirror while aiming.

Still, Ayoob contends, more and more gangstas are becoming willing to sacrifice accuracy in return for aesthetic rewards.

"What the shooter loses in short and long-range accuracy, and the ability to quickly fire consecutive rounds, he or she more than makes up for in presenting a more 'bad ass' appearance [than using a standard shooting technique]," wrote Ayoob. "Polls indicate that thugs consider 'how you be representin' be just as important as how you be shootin'.'"

Ayoob said that Americans can expect the number of shooting fatalities to continue to drop as the flamboyant attack pose gains further popularity among the public.

"Right now, only gangstas residing in the bigger, more progressive cities are employing the 'one-eighty cock,' as some are calling it," said Ayoob. "As soon as the entertainment media gets wind that holding the gun upside down is the 'wuz-up cuz' cool way to fire off a round, you'll be seeing it in all of the movies and television shows."

Added Ayoob: "Wait until the next Denzel Washington character blasts a cop using the one-eighty cock. Everyone will want to be shooting that way. Morgues across the country will probably have to layoff half of their staffs due to lack of business."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I'm hoping for the day that they start using the "muzzle back" style, where they point the gun at themselves and pull the trigger. Heh, I can only wish.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

aerius wrote:I'm hoping for the day that they start using the "muzzle back" style, where they point the gun at themselves and pull the trigger. Heh, I can only wish.
That'd be nice, but then we wouldn't have Shep to post things like this, would we?
Dirty Harry
Padawan Learner

Post by Dirty Harry »

:lol: :lol: shit, ganstas are so stupid :lol: :lol:
I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.
I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. - Jack, Fight club
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I am speachless at their level of stupidity...

All I can say is

"Haw! Haw!" - Nelson Muntz
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

You gotta be kidding me!?!

I guess this shows the mentality level of the modern criminal...! :shock:

What other style will they come up with next?

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

EmperorMing wrote:You gotta be kidding me!?!

I guess this shows the mentality level of the modern criminal...! :shock:

What other style will they come up with next?
Hopefully holding the gun upside-down, and backwards..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

:shock: Well, holding it horizontal was cool, but this is just stupid.
Supermod
phongn
Rebel Leader

Re: New gangsta trend significantly reduces fatalities......

Post by phongn »

MKSheppard wrote:I can't tell if this is actually a joke or a real article......
'Tis a joke article, Shep.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

phongn wrote: 'Tis a joke article, Shep.
Damn. Oh well, I always have Birdman Weapons Systems to bide my
days away with dreams of ever more powerful weaponry.......

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

:lol: :lol: ROFLMFAO :lol: :lol:
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

MKSheppard wrote:
::spew::

My that's funny :D
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I've always wondered, do ganstas even know how to properly dismantle and clean their firearms? Or do they get their bitches and hoes to do it for them.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

After the ammo runs out they probably throw the guns at their targets and buy new ones. LOL
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

phongn wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:I can't tell if this is actually a joke or a real article......
'Tis a joke article, Shep.
Thank God.

Incidently, I heard several years ago that in some cities cops were actually teaching ganstahs how to aim and shoot correctly to reduce the number of civilian fatalities.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Raziel
Youngling

Post by Raziel »

I think the frequent use of the word 'gangsta' should have been a tip-off, Shep. No credible media would use slang like that :D
"If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind, then of what does a clean desk signifiy?"
Albert Einstein
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

MKSheppard wrote:

Sigh...if only Birdman Weapons actually existed :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!