Grand Theft Auto 3 vs......

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Grand Theft Auto 3 vs......

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Any other PlayStation 2 game
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'll think I'll make it hard...

FFX BHWHAHAHA!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

Metal Gear Solid 2 is better than GTA3 any day. GTA 3 just plain sucks.
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

SolidSnake wrote:Metal Gear Solid 2 is better than GTA3 any day. GTA 3 just plain sucks.
MGS2 sucked. Nothing really that innovative. GTA 3 was insanely fun, I
had more fun running people over than actually playing the missions, lol
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SolidSnake wrote:Metal Gear Solid 2 is better than GTA3 any day. GTA 3 just plain sucks.
BURN the heretic! Grand Theft Auto 3 is the one of the best games out there!

Everything from driving a car on the elevate train line to running down hookers is just insanely fun.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Sea Skimmer wrote:BURN the heretic! Grand Theft Auto 3 is the one of the best games out there!

Everything from driving a car on the elevate train line to running down hookers is just insanely fun.
I have fun sometimes by declaring a vendetta against random street people. Anyone wearing purple must be killed.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:BURN the heretic! Grand Theft Auto 3 is the one of the best games out there!

I have fun sometimes by declaring a vendetta against random street people. Anyone wearing purple must be killed.
I'm more the "everyone must die and all cars MUST explode" type. Whats really good is to take some grenades or moltov cocktails up on the elevated line and throw them down into the streets.

When the cops show up they dont know what to do and wont shoot back, so they can be wiped out by the dozen, once the helocopter shows up its time to high tail it back to the station, one of them has some very good cover for shootouts, plus cliffs for police to fly off of..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Pablo Sanchez wrote:

I'm more the "everyone must die and all cars MUST explode" type. Whats really good is to take some grenades or moltov cocktails up on the elevated line and throw them down into the streets.

When the cops show up they dont know what to do and wont shoot back, so they can be wiped out by the dozen, once the helocopter shows up its time to high tail it back to the station, one of them has some very good cover for shootouts, plus cliffs for police to fly off of..
I extended the life of Super Runabout on the Dreamcast beyond the first two days by pretending that all the red VWs contained deviant criminals who could only be stopped by a 110mph head-on collision. Followed by being pushed into the sea, or off a cliff. Or into the path of a tram.
So when I played GTA3 I nearly died of ecstacy. It's so infinitely cool, it defies mortal description. Plus it's one of the few games ever where it's as fun to watch other people play it as to play it yourself.
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Well ... i can't say that any game is better than GTA3 but there are some that are on par with it IMO:

Devil May Cry - kickass action

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Because it rocks and because the intro of Snake bungeeing onto the tanker just plain had my jaw around my pasty white ankles.

Virtua Fighter 4 - because it rocks

Final Fantasy 10 - It also rocks and it's graphics kick ass.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

RadiO wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
Pablo Sanchez wrote: I have fun sometimes by declaring a vendetta against random street people. Anyone wearing purple must be killed.

I extended the life of Super Runabout on the Dreamcast beyond the first two days by pretending that all the red VWs contained deviant criminals who could only be stopped by a 110mph head-on collision. Followed by being pushed into the sea, or off a cliff. Or into the path of a tram.
So when I played GTA3 I nearly died of ecstacy. It's so infinitely cool, it defies mortal description. Plus it's one of the few games ever where it's as fun to watch other people play it as to play it yourself.
Yeah, the game is even more fun if you have another person or two with you. It really needs multiplayer......
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

Yeah, they could have a Cops Vs Robbers mode. It'd be like Heat with hookers.
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

I dont like the cop killing in GTA3, the cops arent the assholes, the lawmakers are.
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*Remembers when he once got 7 cars to explode at the same time on GTA3* hehehe *Remembers when he shot a criminal while in vigilante mode....with a rocket launcher* hehehe.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

To quote Hit-Man....

"Boy, you just bought yourself a world o' hurt"
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Seriously, back On-Topic!

I must admit, I've only played two PS2 games in my entire life. One is of course GTA 3, and that's only because I have the PC version. The other is Dynasty Warriors 3, because I'm borrowing a friend's PS2 and that's the only other game he has besides GTA 3 :P

DW 3 is a fun game, but I think it could be better with a certain leather-clad criminal with a certain bazooka :) Oh, and a Rhino tank to combat horse mounted officers wouldn't hurt :D

Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Post by Sienthal »

Both GTA 3 and Devil May Cry are my favorite PS2 game.

I know this is heresy, but I DO own an X-box, and it hasn't screwed up yet (Wonders upon wonders!)
On it, I enjoy Halo, Morrowind, and am looking forward to Ninja Gaiden.
Welcome to the Divine Empire of Ashcroft:
-Hey, you! Sending e-mail, eh?Say Cheese!
-What I say here is forever being recorded. Wonderful, isn't it?
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Sienthal wrote:Both GTA 3 and Devil May Cry are my favorite PS2 game.

I know this is heresy, but I DO own an X-box, and it hasn't screwed up yet (Wonders upon wonders!)
On it, I enjoy Halo, Morrowind, and am looking forward to Ninja Gaiden.
Man, looking forward to MechAssault :D

One look at my avatar says it all :D