SDNAngband

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Hendrake
Padawan Learner

SDNAngband

Post by Hendrake »

Final Flamewar has given me ideas...

Do any of you know Angband? It is a 'roguelike' game, meaning it is very similar to Rogue and Nethack. I you want more information go to http://thangorodrim.angband.org/.

Well, since I'm a Zangband junkie and it is easy to customize monsters, items and quests, I am thinking about making a Angband semi-variant based on SD.net.

This is a call for ideas: I need monsters, items, artefacts and the like. Also, if someone knows how to modify C files somewhat and is interested, I would like some help for changing spells, races and classes. (For those who know Angband I am planning to use Zangband 2.40 and modify the edit files).

Finally, if someone wants to appear as a shopkeeper or a monster, please drop me a line. I'll probably begin modifying Zangband in October (that is, as soon as I have finished the September finals).
"It appears that our minds will never meet on this subject."
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Argh! AngBand! Get it away from me before I lose another few months of my life!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Re: SDNAngband

Post by Crayz9000 »

Actually, I'm considering modifying NetHack for ASVS/SD.net/Spacebattles. Only problem is, I still haven't learned C yet.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

Crayz9000 wrote:Actually, I'm considering modifying NetHack for ASVS/SD.net/Spacebattles. Only problem is, I still haven't learned C yet.
Would be good to see. *smile*
I thought about Angband because (aside the fact that I'm a Angband Junkie) you can simply modify the Edit-files without having to touch the source code.
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I have a half dozen variants on my computer. I don't kow C but I do have some experience hacking the *_info.txt files in V.
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

Raxmei wrote:I have a half dozen variants on my computer. I don't kow C but I do have some experience hacking the *_info.txt files in V.
Good to see I'm not the only infected person in this bord *eg*. And I could really use some help.

I just noticed the 3.0.1 version has got the spells written in lua code, and they look like they are pretty easy to modify. So, any idea, anyone?