asia war what if

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

asia war what if

Post by Enforcer Talen »

india and china ally, india marches towards middle east, china heads for russia.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Considering the state of Russia's Army the conflict will go Nuclear, Everyone looses

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

India would never make it past Iran. It would have a large portion of its military chewed to pieces in Pakistan, it would deal with large levels of US retaliation in Afganistan, and the Iranian army should be able to finish it off.

As for Russia. A destablized Russia with wishes to join the EU and being a partial member of NATO, can likely get NATO support in defending itself from China. NATO armored and mechanized divisions will get shipped to the front lines while NATO and Russian naval forces will pound the Pacific side of China. Deep strikes with Russian strategic bombers (non nuclear weapons) could possibly break important bridgeheads in China slowing down the advance.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Alyeska wrote:India would never make it past Iran. It would have a large portion of its military chewed to pieces in Pakistan, it would deal with large levels of US retaliation in Afganistan, and the Iranian army should be able to finish it off.

As for Russia. A destablized Russia with wishes to join the EU and being a partial member of NATO, can likely get NATO support in defending itself from China. NATO armored and mechanized divisions will get shipped to the front lines while NATO and Russian naval forces will pound the Pacific side of China. Deep strikes with Russian strategic bombers (non nuclear weapons) could possibly break important bridgeheads in China slowing down the advance.

It also wouldn't be too difficult to cause famine and other hardships in China since they are usually on the fringe when it comes to feeding their people anyway.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

good reason to send 200 million on a suicide run, eh?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

India runs into something called Pakistan. After the nukes are done flying, the 200,000 odd troops India has left to spare for an invasion reach Iran, only to find 340,000 men waiting for them, and only a single road and single rail line for supply.

Iran befits greatly from all the stalled but undamaged tanks it can collect up from the battle field when alls over..

China is fucked. If Russia goes Nuclear, which is likely, China is going to lose most of its own weapons in the opening strike and be left with little over MRBM's to strike back, and those can hit little of real importance.

However, even if Russia does not deploy nuclear weapons on the battlefield or strategically they still would win. The Russians can still throw a few hundred thousand men into the field, and at least 500 working aircraft, all of which are superior to there Chinese counter parts.

In some recent war games, Russian Su-27's and Su-24s supported by A-50 AEW aircraft totally decimated a Chinese force which including PLAAF Su-27's as well and proceeded to destroy the PLAAF base.. The Russians also have some excellent SAM systems on hand and lots of missiles for them, so swamping attacks with swarms of Q-5s and J-7/8s won't be working.

The Chinese have to travel hundreds of miles across broken land, with no paved roads and a single two track rail line for support to reach anything remotely important, thousands to reach anything Russia would really miss. Even if they can seize on the connecting lines to the BAM line, there's still screwed.

It would take about three hours for the Russians to drop a dozen bridges and take both lines out of service for years.

Course, NATO or at least the United States is very likely to get involved, and that costs China any hope of Victory, even if only aircraft are sent.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

NATO crushes the Chinese advance. The U.S. fights along side Pakistan and Iran and repells India, scoring points with the Islamic nations in the process. South Korea uses this as an excuse to unite the penninsula.

France of course, surrenders.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
XPViking
Jedi Knight

Post by XPViking »

Or another Korean war results. Do you really think the North would unite under the South's banner?

XPViking
8)
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might if they screamed all the time for no good reason.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

China and India are more likely to fight each other than form an alliance. The bad blood between them runs rather deep.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Nick
Jedi Knight

Post by Nick »

Not to mention the fact that the Chinese and Indian governments are smart enough to realise how quickly a serious war would wipe out their economies :P

The global trade network is almost as good as MAD for discouraging large scale warfare. . .
"People should buy our toaster because it toasts bread the best, not because it has the only plug that fits in the outlet" - Robert Morris, Almaden Research Center (IBM)

"If you have any faith in the human race you have too much." - Enlightenment
GoneCrazy
Village Idiot

Post by GoneCrazy »

c'mon give india and china some credit. i'm assuming they wouldn't attack right now. so in 50 years when this war takes place india will have 1.6 billion people and china 1.2 billion. they field a combined army of 1.2 billion people send them off with bunches of guns on suicide runs. then they use their nukes which they'd been secretly building for 50 years to wipe out everyone else. THEY WIN! :D
Mess with the Best,
Die Like the Rest
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

By Alyeska:
India would never make it past Iran. It would have a large portion of its military chewed to pieces in Pakistan
If the two went toe to toe in a ground campaign then you're correct. The battle would be long and bloody. However, India has the advantage in the air and in the sea. If the battle does go for a longer period of time then both countries would delve into their weapons of mass destruction.[/b]