Fallout TV series

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Fallout TV series

Post by Broomstick »

Am I the only one watching?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Fallout TV series

Post by Raw Shark »

Just started it. Great soundtrack!

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Enjoyed it, feels like fallout.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

So, having finished Season 1, I can report that I, a non-player of the games whose knowledge of the setting comes purely from geek osmosis, and my GF, who has played them but wasn't crazy about it, both thoroughly enjoyed the show and are eager for another eight episodes. What we were both fans of going in was Walton Goggins going back to The Shield, it's great to see him land a role like this.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I never really got into the universe (despite liking the setting) but I've finished the pilot and thought it was a great adaptation (much, much better than what Amazon did to LOTR). It has both protagonists and villains that are interesting enough to care about and I'll be watching the full season for sure.

Spoiler
my favorite moment in the pilot was the reaction of the 'noble' knight in power armor, when he got jumped by a radioactive bear