The Board Members You Miss Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: The Board Members You Miss Thread

Post by Lord Revan »

Ralin wrote: 2023-02-06 12:18am
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-05 10:37pm Huh... has it been 2yrs since he went on that rant and dared the Admin to Ban him?
Pretty sure that was at least the second or third time he'd demanded a perma ban.
Could be, he could be quite a drama queen when things didn't go 100% like he wanted them to go.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Zaia. I hope she's doing well.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-02-06 09:07am
Ralin wrote: 2023-02-06 12:18am
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-05 10:37pm Huh... has it been 2yrs since he went on that rant and dared the Admin to Ban him?
Pretty sure that was at least the second or third time he'd demanded a perma ban.
Could be, he could be quite a drama queen when things didn't go 100% like he wanted them to go.
If you read parting shots, Dalton summed up TRR's infractions well. And following the link, you can see TRR was in full "If you don't agree with me you're Nazis!"

I don't approve new members, so I have no say over if TRR gets to come back. As of the board state right now, I doubt he will.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

J wrote: 2023-02-06 10:15am Zaia. I hope she's doing well.
I haven't heard from Zaia since Nitram died. I have no idea even how to reach her.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-05 10:37pm
Solauren wrote: 2023-02-05 05:41pm
Gandalf wrote: 2023-02-05 03:05pm

Same. I hope that wherever he is, he's doing well.
He hasn't updated his Fanfiction account since Nov 2020
Huh... has it been 2yrs since he went on that rant and dared the Admin to Ban him?
*checks Parting Shots*
Huh... so it has. It didn't seem that long ago.
I should also point out, we're coming up on your 20th anniversary on this board.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Solauren wrote: 2023-02-06 06:27pm I should also point out, we're coming up on your 20th anniversary on this board.
*stares*
*checks her join date*
Holy shit. Has it been that long?

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-07 05:01pm
Solauren wrote: 2023-02-06 06:27pm I should also point out, we're coming up on your 20th anniversary on this board.
*stares*
*checks her join date*
Yeah I remember back in the 1990s when 2020 seemed so long ago and we're 3 years past it now.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

U'm-in 1990 2020 would have been the middle distance future, not long ago...
But speaking as someone who's been here even longer than her Ladyship, yeah it's been a very long time.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Batman wrote: 2023-02-07 06:37pm U'm-in 1990 2020 would have been the middle distance future, not long ago...
But speaking as someone who's been here even longer than her Ladyship, yeah it's been a very long time.
Well 30-20 years sounds like an eternity when you're 8-18 years old, obviously it's not that long on hindsight but hey I wasn't exactly an adult for most of that. (I'm born in 1982 so I would have been 7-8 in 1990 as I'm born late in the year).
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Doesn't change the fact that in 1990 2020 would've been the future, not long ago.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-02-07 05:45pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-07 05:01pm
*stares*
*checks her join date*
Yeah I remember back in the 1990s when 2020 seemed so long ago and we're 3 years past it now.
Prince's song "1999" got so big because in the 1980s the year 2000 was FOREVER. Who was going to be living in 2020? Most people never thought we'd survive to 2001! Russia was still the USSR. The Iron Curtain still stood. We could be nuked to hell before 2000, much less 2020!!

And here, 2023, we're wondering if the remains of the USSR will shoot nukes out of a dictator's petty pride.

Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

A bit of a weird one, but I miss Nyrath. Not only does he not post here anymore, its been a long time since he updated Atomic Rockets. I understand he has had cancer and other health problems, so its understandable, I just hope he doesn't end up as a Hall of Memory entry any time soon.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
bobalot
Jedi Council Member

Post by bobalot »

He has a Fan Fiction account? Is it under the same name?
"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi

"Problem is, while the Germans have had many mea culpas and quite painfully dealt with their history, the South is still hellbent on painting themselves as the real victims. It gives them a special place in the history of assholes" - Covenant

"Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?'' - Saburo Sakai

Join SDN on Discord
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

bobalot wrote: 2023-02-18 06:04am
He has a Fan Fiction account? Is it under the same name?
Yup.

It's even got 'Demon of King's Landing' on it
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Romulan could be very strident and aggressive; that said he made some fair points and given just how bugfuck crazy things have gotten (the Insurrection, Sinema and Manchin being assholes) there was truth to what he said.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

J wrote: 2023-02-06 10:15am Zaia. I hope she's doing well.
Last I heard she married Lord Woodlouse from SB and moved to the UK. I could easily be misremembering.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Darth Yan wrote: 2023-02-19 08:33pm Romulan could be very strident and aggressive; that said he made some fair points and given just how bugfuck crazy things have gotten (the Insurrection, Sinema and Manchin being assholes) there was truth to what he said.
He bought the ticket, he took the (one-way) ride
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Oh he did. There's no question. He was overly combative and seemed to value being right more than diplomacy.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Darth Yan wrote: 2023-02-20 04:38pm Oh he did. There's no question. He was overly combative and seemed to value being right more than diplomacy.
Very true.
Elfdart is getting that way in his thread.

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

I'VE gotten that way in plenty of cases. It's an easy trap to fall into.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I miss some posters, very smart people in their own ways, but their ego/anger got the better of them.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Formless wrote: 2023-02-15 05:19am A bit of a weird one, but I miss Nyrath. Not only does he not post here anymore, its been a long time since he updated Atomic Rockets. I understand he has had cancer and other health problems, so its understandable, I just hope he doesn't end up as a Hall of Memory entry any time soon.
Holy shit! The author of Atomic Rocket used to post here? I have about 4 tabs open to Atomic Rocket right now. Love that place. It's kinda like TVtropes but with much better stuff. You can really get lost on that site and come out 8 hours later wondering why it's dark outside. Hope that site never goes down. I've put a couple of books on my "to read list" thanks to him. Hope he's still alive and kicking (and paying for www.projectrho.com).

As I've grown older, so many lovely sites have disappeared.
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Darth Yan wrote: 2023-02-20 04:38pm He was overly combative and seemed to value being right more than diplomacy.
I mean ... that's just SD.net BBS! :lol:
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

The Infidel wrote: 2023-03-15 11:22am
Formless wrote: 2023-02-15 05:19am A bit of a weird one, but I miss Nyrath. Not only does he not post here anymore, its been a long time since he updated Atomic Rockets. I understand he has had cancer and other health problems, so its understandable, I just hope he doesn't end up as a Hall of Memory entry any time soon.
Holy shit! The author of Atomic Rocket used to post here? I have about 4 tabs open to Atomic Rocket right now. Love that place. It's kinda like TVtropes but with much better stuff. You can really get lost on that site and come out 8 hours later wondering why it's dark outside. Hope that site never goes down. I've put a couple of books on my "to read list" thanks to him. Hope he's still alive and kicking (and paying for www.projectrho.com).

As I've grown older, so many lovely sites have disappeared.
I believe he had a recent bout of cancer or something similarly serious. Posts semi regularly on Twitter though.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

bobalot wrote: 2022-10-30 07:40am I miss the general activity of this board.

Websites like reddit just don't let make you have regular posters or make connections like a "traditional" does.
reaches back for quote

Really depends on the subreddit size. It has to get niche for it though. Even the Daystrom and Maw subreddits are really too big for it.

The subreddits I spend much of my time on definitely have a cast of regulars, the problem is occassionally someone sends up a bat signal and then you get a lot of traffic attacking/downvoting you.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."