The Board Members You Miss Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

bobalot
Jedi Council Member

Re: The Board Members You Miss Thread

Post by bobalot »

Lonestar wrote: 2023-06-17 08:26am
bobalot wrote: 2022-10-30 07:40am I miss the general activity of this board.

Websites like reddit just don't let make you have regular posters or make connections like a "traditional" does.
reaches back for quote

Really depends on the subreddit size. It has to get niche for it though. Even the Daystrom and Maw subreddits are really too big for it.

The subreddits I spend much of my time on definitely have a cast of regulars, the problem is occassionally someone sends up a bat signal and then you get a lot of traffic attacking/downvoting you.
It's hard to pinpoint. Reddit anonymises people to such an extent it is difficult to form connections.

I posted on reddit for ~10 years and looking back, I don't think I made a single long term friend (unlike this board or even online games I used to play).
"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi

"Problem is, while the Germans have had many mea culpas and quite painfully dealt with their history, the South is still hellbent on painting themselves as the real victims. It gives them a special place in the history of assholes" - Covenant

"Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?'' - Saburo Sakai

Join SDN on Discord