Eurosong 2021

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Eurosong 2021

Post by wautd »

Yes, we are getting close to that time of year again. Official recap of all 39 contestants
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Re: Eurosong 2021

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

And once again, the UK finishes stone dead last this time with 0 points. After all, it's not as though we've spent the last five years giving the EU the middle finger, is it? :lol: Can't imagine that backfiring at all! :mrgreen:
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

That's assuming the song merited any points to begin with.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Well it certainly wasn't the worst song of the night, I cannot decide which one was. What was noteworthy was that for the first time since the current voting system was implemented in 2016, four countries received zero points from the televote: host country the Netherlands, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom. The UK had the dubious distinction of also receiving zero points from the judges.

It came as no surprise that Italy, the bookie's favourite, went on to win.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2021-05-23 05:18pm And once again, the UK finishes stone dead last this time with 0 points. After all, it's not as though we've spent the last five years giving the EU the middle finger, is it? :lol: Can't imagine that backfiring at all! :mrgreen:
For what it's worth, Eurovision includes far more countries than just the EU. Although that doesn't actually makes the 0 points better.

Overall it was a pretty good year. There were a lot of songs that I like. Italy wasn't my favorite (and certainly not Switzerland or France which ended high as well) but I don't mind them winning