Best villain defeats

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Best villain defeats

Post by Solauren »

Ferdand Mondego - Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
While his death itself was rather simple, it was very satisfying.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Darth Yan wrote: 2019-12-14 03:24am Speaking of Elfdart how old ARE you? Liberty Valance was 1960 and you always struck me as someone born in the 60s.
Nope, he's younger than I am
But movies like Liberty Valence have been shown on tv since the 1980s when Turner started his empire of TNT, TCM, Etc.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

LadyTevar wrote: 2019-12-14 07:09pm
Darth Yan wrote: 2019-12-14 03:24am Speaking of Elfdart how old ARE you? Liberty Valance was 1960 and you always struck me as someone born in the 60s.
Nope, he's younger than I am
But movies like Liberty Valence have been shown on tv since the 1980s when Turner started his empire of TNT, TCM, Etc.
Several local theaters play old movies, usually when it's the anniversary of the first release or when the studios shell out for restoring the print. For example, last year TCM had a limited theater run of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre for its 70th anniversary. Next month, TCM is putting An American In Paris back in theaters for a limited run. Other studios re-release old films, too.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Dick Jones in Robocop.
"Dick, you're fired"
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I think one of the best was Scorpius's end as an antagonist in Farscape at the end of season 3. For two years, he's made the crew of Moya's life a living hell, all for John's wormhole knowledge so that he can destroy the Scarrans. When he and John meet, and after realizing that he has lost, he accepts it with disdain and moves on, choosing to eventually become an ally and protector of John, as he wants to ensure the Scarrans don't get said knowledge.

Because for Scorpius, John was only a means, nothing more, and he has bigger fish to fry.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Optimus Prime Takes down Megatron.

Only one minor note, Megatron does get out of death by being turned into Galvatron by Unicron but the fight is still epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhLh4pw44uw

"It's over Prime"

"NEVER!"
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

For my money, the best villain defeat of all time is Captain Vidal in Pan's Labyrinth.
The movie invests enough screen time in his story to establish him as competent, driven, and thoroughly evil; which makes his final scene amazingly cathartic.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Another one is Gul'dan from Warcraft....both MU and AU (yes he's an asshole in all versions we encounter.) Gul'dan was the original big bad of Warcraft and honestly remains one of the most despicable having WILLINGLY sold his people for power. In both cases he ultimately dies broken. In the main timeline he finally reaches the Tomb of Sargeras....only to get mortally wounded by demons who tear him to pieces, with Gul'dan being forced to realize he was only ever a pawn. His evil AU counterpart dies similarly....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8pZ_7syXT8

Basically after getting away at the end of the previous expansion Gul'dan sees his plans crumble into ash before finally dying.....and unlike Varian Gul'dan dies screaming. Also unlike Varian he really DID die for nothing.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Going old school...this (minor) villain defeat is from the old 80's TV miniseries "V" about the people-eating-Visitors from space that was an allegory for fascism in America. One of the nods to real life was the character of Abraham Bernstein, a holocaust survivor. And his grandson, Daniel, the subject of this post.

Daniel Bernstein ends up joining the "Visitor Youth" which is a nod to the "Hitler Youth" right down to the brown jumpsuits. During the course of the story, Abraham convinces his son (Daniel's father), to hide a family of scientists, their neighbors the Maxwells, who are a threat to the alien Visitors. They elude the Visitor Police State for a while, but Daniel ends up turning in his own family. Prior to this, he had blackmailed their oldest daughter, Robin. Even before this, he was kind of a slimeball and a creep. Then the power the Visitors gave him corrupted him even worse.

The Maxwells escape at this point, however. When the Bernsteins return from the detention center, Abraham the grandfather never comes back. Or maybe he was never detained at all...when the Visitor shock troopers had raided the Bernstein's pool cabana out back, they found an old Jewish man in a yarmulke listening to old style records from his time. I think he said "shalom" and it's implied that the Visitors murdered Abraham.

Well, anyway, the Maxwells end up joining the L.A. Resistance movement, and they help develop a new bio-weapon but need a Visitor test subject. Their daughter's got an angle with Daniel's unit commander, Brian, the Alien baby-daddy. So they kill two birds with one stone...The Visitor officer is kidnapped and Daniel, his Visitor Youth Squad Leader, is framed for his disappearance. As revenge for Abraham and everything else (he also killed Ruby during a resistance raid on the Visitor's Earth HQ).

While the human resistance does experiments with Brian, Daniel is seized by the Visitors, ending up face to face with Brian's superior officer, Stephen. He says he believes that Daniel got too ambitious for his own good and killed Brian because he was jealous of him. Daniel pleads for his life after being tortured, but Stephen instead orders him hauled off to Food Processing. The irony of everything he's done to get to this point hits Daniel all at once as he's being dragged away by Visitors in technician jumpsuits with white aprons covered in blood.