Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk

Post by mr friendly guy »

Hulk Hogan that is. Why are you guys looking at me funny? Is there another Hulk. :D
Thor Will Be Hulk (Hogan)
In a casting move that seems almost too perfect, Chris Hemsworth (aka Marvel's Thor, the Incredible Hulk's friend from work) is reportedly signing on to play wrestler Hulk Hogan in an upcoming biopic. The movie will be directed by Todd Phillips and co-written by Scott Silver, the pair behind the upcoming flick The Joker. Netflix is close to a deal to release the film, which will focus on Hogan's rise in the 1980s and the Hulkamania phenomenon. Hogan himself will serve as an executive producer. Can you dig it, brother?
Ok, I am kind of interested since I was a WWF sorry WWE fan back in the 80s, and am aware of the Hulkamania. Hopefully they will show him against Andre the giant, his friendship with Earthquake even as the roles they were playing had them at opposing ends, and maybe mentioned some of his real life feuds (apparently he didn't like the Ultimate Warrior).

Given that it focusses on the 1980s and Hogan is the executive producer, what's the betting they will ignore the racism /sex tape scandal?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk

Post by Solauren »

Very likely they'll ignore anything past him dropping the WWF title to Yokozuna.
After all, his time in WCW could 'Part 2'
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

There is a part of me that wants to be critical here, and another part that can't. At some point I just stopped wanting to prevent happiness.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

This wins for being a confusing threat title that didn't get much less confusing upon reading.

I can see it though, now that I understand it.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I look forward to them portraying the reality show years.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Sea Skimmer wrote: 2019-02-25 11:57pm This wins for being a confusing threat title that didn't get much less confusing upon reading.

I can see it though, now that I understand it.
Well it was pretty much what the title an Australian newsite was putting up. I thought it was a great fake out.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2019-02-23 09:44pmOk, I am kind of interested since I was a WWF sorry WWE fan back in the 80s, and am aware of the Hulkamania. Hopefully they will show him against Andre the giant, his friendship with Earthquake even as the roles they were playing had them at opposing ends, and maybe mentioned some of his real life feuds (apparently he didn't like the Ultimate Warrior).
Having experienced that guy's "autobiographical" comic, I can kind of see why.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Zaune wrote: 2019-03-01 05:32am
mr friendly guy wrote: 2019-02-23 09:44pmOk, I am kind of interested since I was a WWF sorry WWE fan back in the 80s, and am aware of the Hulkamania. Hopefully they will show him against Andre the giant, his friendship with Earthquake even as the roles they were playing had them at opposing ends, and maybe mentioned some of his real life feuds (apparently he didn't like the Ultimate Warrior).
From what I've read the Ultimate Warrior had a personality that rubbed many people the wrong way.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Lord Revan wrote: 2019-03-01 08:29am
Zaune wrote: 2019-03-01 05:32am
From what I've read the Ultimate Warrior had a personality that rubbed many people the wrong way.
He is alleged to apparently not pull his hits that well, so his fellow wrestlers actually got hurt more than they should. Andre the giant was supposedly pissed off with Warrior for this.

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Andre the Giant liked to hurt his colleagues in other, more insidious ways. He was reportedly not only a huge man, but a raging alcoholic, a combination that meant he could drink a blue whale under the table. He would put this to sadistic use on tour by cajoling other wrestlers into trying to match him shot for shot, then laugh his ass off at their discomfort through the next performance.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

He was a "raging alcoholic" in part due to being in constant pain past a certain point in his life. The same medical condition that gave him his enormous size also fucked him up in several ways. Like many people with giantism he died of heart failure in his 40's... and he pretty much knew that that was what was going to happen to him.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Just for interest, did they have the same treatment we use for gigantism in the 80s. From memory bromocriptine is used.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2019-03-05 06:46am Just for interest, did they have the same treatment we use for gigantism in the 80s. From memory bromocriptine is used.
there were but Andre refused them IIRC.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Broomstick wrote: 2019-03-04 08:24pm He was a "raging alcoholic" in part due to being in constant pain past a certain point in his life. The same medical condition that gave him his enormous size also fucked him up in several ways. Like many people with giantism he died of heart failure in his 40's... and he pretty much knew that that was what was going to happen to him.
Also, "raging alcoholic" really minimizes it. Andre was the greatest drunk who has ever lived. No one will ever top his exploits.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Just read the 'Andre was the greatest drunk' article Alferd linked.

HOLY SHIT.

And, I so want to see 'young hulk hogan', being Andres booze-bitch. That is AWESOME
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.