GoFundMe Lady Tevar

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

GoFundMe Lady Tevar

Post by LadyTevar »

Yeah... as I vented in HOS, I've been screwed over and have to pay the US Food Stamps back $1440 (plus fees, I think) because I made more money than I should have in a 3month period.

While I'm working on jumping through the hoops to get the US Census Record job, I'm currently getting Unemployment of $70/wk, which leaves me no choice but to ask for help. :( It's not easy, admitting I need help, and I hate that I have to beg for it. It just seems I can't win. :(

You can find my GoFundMe here: Between a Rock and a Hard Place.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: GoFundMe Lady Tevar

Post by Broomstick »

Unfortunately, I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, but in the interests of preventing this from happening again...

At the time you got your foodstamps you should have been told that you have 10 days to inform social services of a change in income. It's a pain in the butt at times (for several years I lurched from one temporary job to another. It was not fun) but it will prevent that large of a back payment from happening again.

If you're on foodstamps now and you wind up working for the Census be sure to inform the relevant authorities when you receive your first paycheck. This probably means you'll lose them for the duration of that employment, but you can re-apply after your stint with them ends.

Please double-check with the relevant agency in your state about this, of course.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

I kicked you $20. I hope you get things sorted.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

i'll kick in $15, i'll do a little more after bills have cleared
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

I'll see if I can give a bit when I have some money on Friday. I could also share the gofundme link with a small group I run in case any one might be willing to donate, if that's okay.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Thanks to all who gave whatever they could. Even nickles and dimes add up :)

I am not on Food Stamps anymore. I was kicked off for having too much money back in September. It just took them this long to do an audit and decide I owed them money.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

No Paypal option. Again
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Aspiring Author
Redshirt

Post by Aspiring Author »

You have condulences. I don't have nearly as bad of a problem as this but its ther.e