Beware, I have returned.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Beware, I have returned.

Post by Borgholio »

Yes, I'm still alive! For all the two or three of you who may have noticed my absence, that is. :) I've still been around, just lurking and reading lots of good fanfics. Haven't really had time to post for the last few months. What happened? Well...this happened:

So yeah, been busy getting my new minion off to a good start so that someday he will slay me and take my place on the skullthrone.

Oh and before you ask, my wife aggressively forbade me from naming him Luke, but she permitted me to give it to him as a middle name. So I can still go Darthy on him from time to time. :)
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: Beware, I have returned.

Post by Tribble »

Awww, our future overlord looks so cute!

We shall slay 1,000 trolls in his honour!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

D'aww, I just can't resist smiling when I see such a cute little face.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I can't see the picture, but CONGRATS on the wee one!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

LadyTevar wrote: 2018-10-16 09:58pm I can't see the picture, but CONGRATS on the wee one!
Thanks! Here, try this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dXfH13wBzc8mrqHj6
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Good luck with the amount of teepee your going to need for that new bunghole in the family.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

ARE YOU THREATENING ME!?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Aleister Crowley
Redshirt

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-10-17 04:23am ARE YOU THREATENING ME!?
The correct question is "AM I BEING DETAINED?"

No joke, I've seen this tried by many people on Youtube videos. They'll also try to claim that they're "traveling" and not "driving". It's a semantic debate because supposedly the right to travel is indeed a thing. However, to drive a car is not a right. It is a privilege that can be taken away. Watch a dozen videos of people like this - Sovereign Citizens - and you'll get hard at the sound of glass breaking in no time. That's what usually happens to them. They get their windows broken and they get arrested.

Congratulations Bungholio on the new fatherhood level up. Hope everything goes well on that front. I know you're the man for the job...or at least I hope you are.
Korto
Jedi Master

Post by Korto »

That's a cool kid.

Suggestion for you. Soon, if you haven't already, you're going to be up late at night holding the kid, who's screaming for no apparent reason, soothing him back to sleep.

You will probably be holding the kid near your earhole.

Get yourself some earplugs.
“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”
Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Korto wrote: 2018-10-26 08:16am That's a cool kid.

Suggestion for you. Soon, if you haven't already, you're going to be up late at night holding the kid, who's screaming for no apparent reason, soothing him back to sleep.

You will probably be holding the kid near your earhole.

Get yourself some earplugs.
He's amazingly not that bad! He got over the constantly screaming phase in his 2nd month and now even though he can't speak actual words, he still can "baby talk" his general needs to us. So he can tell us if he's hungry, wants to be picked up, or has a full diaper.
Korto
Jedi Master

Post by Korto »

Ah, colicy stage finished, huh? That's good.
I'm personally of the belief 'colic' is caused by the baby being overstimulated and exhausted by the day. It fits the lack of any apparent cause, the way it tends to strike regularly in the afternoon or evening, and the way it just starts (the baby's brain has developed enough to really start taking in what's going on around) and then just stops again a few months later (the baby's brain has developed enough to deal with what's going on around).

I'm missing having a baby around. :(
“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”
Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I really don't deal with babies very well. I'm afraid of dropping them and want to try to reason with them and stuff. #thisistheendoftheshortline.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

I just treat pre-lingual humans like I treat most every thing that makes eye contact (dogs, cats, birds, rodents): people who don't say anything.
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Khaat wrote: 2018-10-26 10:09am I just treat pre-lingual humans like I treat most every thing that makes eye contact (dogs, cats, birds, rodents): people who don't say anything.
It's actually easier with babies because they have facial expressions you can read as well. Rodents...not so much.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-10-26 10:04am I really don't deal with babies very well. I'm afraid of dropping them and want to try to reason with them and stuff. #thisistheendoftheshortline.
Everybody has that problem. You adapt over time.

They pretty much start out as audio equipped dolls you can carry around and care for, turn into pet-like companions, and suddenly, they are a person...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

LaCroix wrote: 2018-10-27 05:36pm
Raw Shark wrote: 2018-10-26 10:04am I really don't deal with babies very well. I'm afraid of dropping them and want to try to reason with them and stuff. #thisistheendoftheshortline.
Everybody has that problem. You adapt over time.

They pretty much start out as audio equipped dolls you can carry around and care for, turn into pet-like companions, and suddenly, they are a person...
This is my experience as well. Though I'd add 'bodily process' to the 'audio equipped' as well, considering the quite remarkable amount of nappies one can get through with them...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

The nappies are just a "throw you into the deep end" kind of training.
You will have to take care of their shit for many years to come...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Even after they move out of the house.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Dammit. The assassins failed. What I get for hiring local.

Beautiful kid, Holio. Hows the whole "sleep" thing going? 😛
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.