OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Only in .....Canada??

Post by J »

So this happened....

https://globalnews.ca/news/4549788/nake ... -aquarium/
Naked man who jumped in Ripley’s Aquarium shark tank linked to assault investigation

Police say a British Columbia man who jumped into a shark-filled tank at Ripley’s Aquarium on Friday is also believed to be a suspect in their investigation of a serious assault that occurred near another Toronto tourist destination.

Toronto police Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook said investigators looked at the suspects in the two cases, which happened on the same evening, and saw similarities.

“At this point, we believe that it is the same man,” she said.

Police said that about 8 p.m. on Friday, a 34-year-old man was attacked near Dufferin Street and Saskatchewan Road, near Medieval Times, by a patron who earlier had been asked to leave the premises.

The victim suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital. Douglas-Cook said the suspect is wanted on a charge of assault causing bodily harm.

Later that night, at about 10:30 p.m., police received a call about an indecent exposure at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.

“It was reported that a man took off his clothing and jumped into the shark tank on the main level of the aquarium,” police spokesperson Katrina Arrogante said earlier on Monday.

Video posted to social media over the weekend shows the man swimming around in the tank with several sharks below him.

“Oh my gosh,” a woman can be heard saying.

Security guards asked the man to get out of the tank, Arrogante said. But as he appeared to be attempting to leave, he jumped in a second time. A video shows him doing a backflip into the water as spectators cheered and applauded.

“Eventually the man did exit the tank and put on his clothing and he did leave the premise,” she said.

Peter Doyle, general manager of Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, said the man was not held by security personnel after he left the tank, as the aquarium does not detain guests as a matter of protocol.

“We called the police and he took off in just his pants and shoes and left the building,” he said.

No one was harmed in the incident, including any of the sharks, police said.

Doyle said the welfare of the aquarium’s animals is “paramount.”

“This was an unusual incident and we’re going to press charges for sure,” he said.

Doyle said it’s the first time something like this has occurred in the five years since the aquarium opened.

In an update released Monday evening, police said they are looking for 37-year-old Nelson, B.C., resident David Weaver in connection with both incidents.

Officers said Weaver is wanted for assault causing bodily harm and mischief interfering with property.

Police described the suspect as being five-foot-10, weighing approximately 220 pounds, and having a shaved head and goatee. Officers said he is missing a front tooth.

Investigators said Weaver is believed to be driving a green Dodge Caravan with the British Columbia licence plate PL120G.
And yes, there's a video.

This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Only in .....Canada??

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Of course there's a video. I'm just surprised it's not on Facebook.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Well, it should boost ticket sales for a couple of weeks. Good thing the sharks are well fed...
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

If you're going to get locked up for "serious assault" in a dispute that began at Medieval Times(!?) and swim with sharks in the same night, I think it's obvious that the right way to do it is naked in both cases. Half-credit, Mr. Weaver.

I'm Raw Shark and I approve this message.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

As absurd as that is, my main thought was "wow, Arrogante is a really...unfortunate name for a police spokesperson."
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I'm glad someone else caught that.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford