Rest in peace, Grandad.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Rest in peace, Grandad.

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

It is with heavy heart that I have to announce that my 90 year old grandfather, Kenneth, passed away today following a long battle with cancer and infections. He was 90 years old and surrounded by his family. :cry: Just shy of 3 years since his wife and my grandmother Joyce passed away after suffering from Alzheimer's.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Rest in peace, Grandad.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

My condolences.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2018-09-01 12:44pm It is with heavy heart that I have to announce that my 90 year old grandfather, Kenneth, passed away today following a long battle with cancer and infections. He was 90 years old and surrounded by his family. :cry: Just shy of 3 years since his wife and my grandmother Joyce passed away after suffering from Alzheimer's.
That sucks, ES, my condolences.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I know how it feels to loose a loved one. You have my condolences.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Deepest condolences, ES.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Thanks, guys. He was my last grandparent, on my Dad's side. Much like my grandmother, he went downhill fast. It seems like forever, but 5 months ago we hired a hall to display his pictures as painting was his hobby; while he needed a walking stick he could still get around. A date for his funeral hasn't been set yet, my Dad and Aunt (who lives in the USA) are spending this week getting things in order.
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

I know how hard this is. It's terrible that it came so suddenly. Strength, friend.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

My sympathies ES, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I'm sorry for your loss. It can be very hard to lose a family member, especially if you're close.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

You have my deepest condolences
Bullets always have the right of away