Wisecrack: "The Internet Was A Mistake"

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Wisecrack: "The Internet Was A Mistake"

Post by SolarpunkFan »

YouTube

It's a video I thought might provide some food for thought. (But wait, I'm sharing this on the Internet! *vanishes in a puff of logic*)
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Wisecrack: "The Internet Was A Mistake"

Post by FaxModem1 »

Despite the hyperbolic title, the rise of the various echo chambers is a concern. I'm not sure what possible solutions there are, but I'm open to hearing how to reformat the internet so that people can integrate with each other without forcing people to give up their own purposeful wandering in cyberspace.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Re: Wisecrack: "The Internet Was A Mistake"

Post by SolarpunkFan »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2018-08-08 06:32pm Despite the hyperbolic title, the rise of the various echo chambers is a concern. I'm not sure what possible solutions there are, but I'm open to hearing how to reformat the internet so that people can integrate with each other without forcing people to give up their own purposeful wandering in cyberspace.
Unfortunately I have no clue. I can say with confidence that there aren't any magic bullets for the problem, only methods of mitigation.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.