Ten years a nurse

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Ten years a nurse

Post by PainRack »

So.... In the midst of fighting off a bacterial infection last week, I finally noticed my friends posting and realised this.

I have been a nurse for ten years now. 6 years in haematology, 10 months training in oncology post diploma and 3 years in internal medicine wards.....

It's been a long, crazy ride... I finally collected my first things people shove up their butt story 3 months ago, so... Even as the wonder has faded, every month still shows me something new to see and learn. I seen the first patient who ever trusted me as a nurse pass away... I also seen my first major case which I handled and led survive years later on which gave me a then much needed boost in deciding whether to continue on in my career, I'm still battling burnout and depression , I don't know how the next move into the fast pace world of a placement ward will go but it's been a journey . I don't have any professional recognition other than my service awards, I'm not famous or ranked highly, but I know that I'm valued as senior doctors on seeing me now in Internal medicine would ask why I left and enquire on my situation, I receive thanks from patients and doctors, I have junior doctors looking to me at time to lead protocol and expertise, and of course, doctors tolerating my quirks as I annoy them more than I annoy my colleagues. ..

I won't have changed this for the world, although I like to take back my immune system from ten years ago.

Thanks for reading.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Ten years a nurse

Post by Raw Shark »

Being a superhero is easy. Being a non-super hero takes actual courage.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-05-07 09:29am Being a superhero is easy. Being a non-super hero takes actual courage.
Heh... That kinda.... Ironic, considering the MCU was launched ten years ago in may too with Iron Man the movie
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Has he lost his mind? Can he see, or is he blind? Can he walk at all? Or, if he moves, will he fall?
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford