Wishlist

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Wishlist

Post by Soontir C'boath »

What have you been hoping to buy and what are you waiting to get released? With Black Friday around the corner and Christmas cometh, I figure the timing would be fitting to ask, so here goes my list.
  • Canon mirrorless full frame camera: I was thinking about the Sony A7II, but then I read their lineup are not weather resistant and their contracted repair company simply do not cover corrosion which is horrendous for a $1300+ camera. No way am I going to use it in NYC heat and have it brick in a month on me. So now I am hoping Canon comes out with one next year or so as has been rumored and apparently still able to use their standard EF lenses to boot.
  • Another camera item, the Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens. I work at a park in the middle of the East River and it would be great to get something up and close from that vantage point of the city. Plus, there are hawks flying about ready to dive on unsuspecting pigeons.
  • Anything Nier Automata related: I have become such a huge fanboy that I will devour anything related to it.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Wishlist

Post by The Romulan Republic »

If we're talking stuff we're hoping to get for Christmas, here are the main things:

-Gift cards for movies and food (I'm poor).
-New DVDs.
-Trump indicted (Come on Santa Mueller, give the world the Christmas present we're all praying for).
-Trump arrested.
-Trump impeached.
-A good Doctor Who Christmas special.

I don't do Black Friday on principle, but I've mostly figured out what I'm getting everyone for Christmas. Well, half-figured out.

Edited.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Hm, oopse, can't edit the OP, but yes, getting gifts certainly applies to this thread.

As for Black Friday, when it first became popular, the deals were actually heavy discounts. Now, I have noticed the they are just on par to any other holiday sale lately on the items I wanted to get.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Close on this house. Buy the smaller house out west. More land, no POA. Closer to family. Lower taxes and no more insane drivers and driving conditions. Be in in time to celebrate Christmas. Get a concrete guy to pave a driveway. Build a garage and Sun porch, finish it all out myself.

Main thing is get away from living paycheck to paycheck, and live in a home I can do some work on.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

1. Trump pulls off his face on live TV to reveal that he's a Reptilian
2. A large meteor to hit DC when all the congress critters are there
3. WHORES! WHORES! WHORES! I want a brothel in my neighbourhood
4. A dick pill that gives me a bigger cock
5. Vancouver real estate to crash & burn hard so I can afford to move there

I think that about covers it.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Aerius, as somebody living in Vancouver we certainly share that last wish. Though, compared to renting in Kelowna prices are similar but the space you get is smaller.

As for my wishes:
-That my new job on Amazon's warehouse works out and I can keep a job that pays well and offers benefits for once
-That MSP premiums in BC go away so we stop paying an extra fee for sone thing that regular taxes should cover
-That I get paid evendors close to what I think I might and can afford to make Christmas good this year
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Dear Santa,

Please make all ride share drivers spontaneously combust so I can go back above the poverty line.

And you have time, peace on Earth and goodwill toward mankind.

Please find enclosed eight (8) reindeer-shaped sugar cookies with red sprinkles, and stay frosty,

-Raw Shark

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Soontir C'boath

Whelped, I sort of fulfilled one of my wishes. I bought a full frame camera, but it is not mirrorless; Canon 6D II. It was about a $500 discount after I mail the $350 rebate in and comes along with a battery grip, an extra OEM battery, free printer, ink, and photo paper, and a 64GB high speed SD memory card. The camera by itself retails for two grand and the extra stuff adds another ~$450, so I practically got it for half price it seems.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

1. A job that can pay my bills.
2. A little extra spending money on top of that.
3. Ok, let's just narrow it down to Money I need Money.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet