Money Saving

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

AlexB
Redshirt

Money Saving

Post by AlexB »

I have insurance through the company I work for. The company uses Express Scripts for all prescriptions filling. It charges me $1,100 for 3 small inhalers (about 3 month supply). Rediculous. They are crooks. I am seriously thinking to switch to online prescription filling and be served by one of the adorable e-pharmacies. The difference in price makes me feel like a fool. The cost of my prescription goes up almost monthly and I have to find affordable options. The question is how to find a trustworthy provider?
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Money Saving

Post by Raw Shark »

AlexB wrote:I have insurance through the company I work for. The company uses Express Scripts for all prescriptions filling. It charges me $1,100 for 3 small inhalers (about 3 month supply). Rediculous. They are crooks. I am seriously thinking to switch to online prescription filling and be served by one of the adorable e-pharmacies. The difference in price makes me feel like a fool. The cost of my prescription goes up almost monthly and I have to find affordable options. The question is how to find a trustworthy provider?
This is your first post? My advice for finding a trustworthy provider is to go through somebody that you've been in a shoot-out with.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I assume AlexB, you live in the USA?

Some of us have worked in the medical field or insurance (Broomstick), so they might be able to give you an idea, although it might help if you tell us which country you are in.

If you do, you could do what Michael Moore did. Bring people to Cuba, to experience their health system and they prescribe some cheaper generics. :D That being said, without knowing your specific situation, its kind of hard for us to help you. Even if we did, we most probably won't know more than your family doctor.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
blenkins90
Redshirt

Post by blenkins90 »

Hey AlexB - You can fill online, but I'd really recommend being careful with it (like you seem to be aware of). Lot's of scams out there, like getting sugar pills or nothing at all.

There's independent review sites out there that do vetting of various pharmacies. Have you tried one of those? Found this one with a quick google search. Looks like they do some pretty in depth reviews. There's also other out there as well I'm sure.

Maybe someone else with a little more knowledge in the medical/insurance field can add something more, but that's all I've got. Hope it helps!
AlexB
Redshirt

Post by AlexB »

I do not have anyone in my circle who is utilizing online filling option yet. I would not be researching online if I had. Express Scripts has been exposed for overcharging the policyholders for medication and I know a lot of people who are complaining. I am thinking to place my prescriptions to a Canadian certified pharmacy to minimize the risks and save.