2017 Formula 1 season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Post by Alferd Packer »

Kind of only relevant for US F1 fans, but FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Seriously, ESPN is the worst when it comes to motorsport. Just listen to the worst calling of one of the best Indy 500 finishes in recent memory. That is what I have to look forward to now.

Though there might be a silver lining for everyone:
"Although we take great pride in having grown Formula One's visibility and viewership since we became its exclusive US media rights holder in 2013, this will be our last season with the series. In this case, we chose not to enter into a new agreement in which the rights holder itself competes with us and our distribution partners," the network said in a statement.
I think that NBC might have tipped FOM's hand--that is, FOM might be debuting a pay streaming service next year. Which, if that is the case, obviates the need for me to suffer through ESPN's teabagging of my very soul next season.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Alferd Packer wrote: 2017-10-04 01:13pm FOM might be debuting a pay streaming service next year.
Oooohhh that would be awesome. I have payTV at the moment solely for F1 - a dedicated service at a decent price would be awesome.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Another mechanical screwup for Ferrari and now it is basically all over. Poor Vettel :(

Hamilton would need to double-dnf in the next few races to bring Vettel back into it.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

And did you see who was literally right behind Hamilton? Verstappen came very close, more than once, to repeating what he did in Malaysia.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Red Bull have really stepped up in the past few races. If Renault can improve the engine for next year like they are saying they can it should be a good title fight, and hopefully McLaren can drop in on the action too with their Renault switch.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

USGP is done and dusted, and it was a fair amount of fun. I do feel bad for Max, though, if only for the selective way the corner cutting rules were applied.

Speaking of done and dusted, Dany Kvyat is gone for good. Who knows, maybe he'll wind up in Indycar next year.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

Alferd Packer wrote: 2017-10-25 01:40pmUSGP is done and dusted, and it was a fair amount of fun. I do feel bad for Max, though, if only for the selective way the corner cutting rules were applied.
Especially as I wouldn't be surprised if the selection consisted of the question "is he under 21 and on for a podium?"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs