Netflix' Narcos question...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Netflix' Narcos question...

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

In the show... Are the high end optics we see in some of the weapons used by Search Block and the Los Pepes vigilantes anachronistic? It bugs me. I don't think gear from that era had reflex sights...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Netflix' Narcos question...

Post by Thanas »

Red dot sights were around since the 70s I think, so they might fit.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

No idea. But imfdb might be a useful resource for that kind of thing.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

I used them in the early 90's.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Thanks guise...
IMFDB wrote:Another weapon that is introduced to in Season 2 is the Galil ACE predominantly the ACE 21 and 23 variants. They are frequently used by Search Bloc Officers, Colombian Army Soldiers, Los Pepes, and Cartel members. The ACEs are seen with a variety of weapon attachments such as MOR B Reflex Sight, CAA FVG5 folding foregrips, rifle scopes and sound suppressors. Despite that fact that the Galil ACE is the standard service rifle for the Colombian Army and National Police, these rifles and accessories are highly anachronistic for the timeline the Season takes place since the ACE did not enter service until 2008.
Man. This means the show is either:

A.) It's so unrealistic, so none of the stuff in the show could've ever happened in real life! :P

Or B.) "TACTICAL Magical Realism!"
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Knife wrote:I used them in the early 90's.
What kind? I'd like to know what the early gen ones looked like... I remember an uncle having a baby M-16 with optics back in the 90s too...

But it didn't look like this:

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!