OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

This is why JK Rowling kicks Piers Morgan

Post by mr friendly guy »

linky

PIERS Morgan and J.K. Rowling have been bickering back-and-forth on Twitter for quite some time now, but the Harry Potter author just delivered a near-fatal blow to her online rival.
Rowling tweeted out some kind words that were previously written about her in the press.
The snippet contained the lines including, “Ms Rowling definitely matters” and “by encouraging children to read, feel inspired and be creative, she has had a greater impact on the world than most of the other names on it.”
In the tweet, which she posted on Valentine’s Day, Rowling wrote: “Just been sent this! Could the writer let me know who he is? I’d love to thank him!”
Just been sent this! Could the writer let me know who he is? I'd love to thank him! #Valentines pic.twitter.com/OQtbxPD6AL
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) February 14, 2017
The trap had been set.
Piers Morgan saw the tweet and chastised the author almost immediately.
“Priceless #humblebrag BS,” Morgan tweeted, “Nobody plays the celebrity game more abusively or ruthlessly than you, Ms ‘Intensely Private Billionaire’.”
But here’s the thing ... THE KIND WORDS WERE WRITTEN BY PIERS MORGAN HIMSELF IN A 2010 ARTICLE FOR THE DAILY MAIL.
And the internet lit up with delight:

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. He doesn't realise. This is the best day of my life. pic.twitter.com/fl0lFPHXf5
— Jamie Ross (@JamieRoss7) February 14, 2017
“Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. He doesn’t realise. This is the best day of my life,” wrote one Twitter user.
“My favourite thing on twitter at the moment is piers Morgan getting the absolute sh*t ripped out of him by jk Rowling.”
“You’ll find she’s just run him over, had him stuffed; he’s now above her mantle #killerblow.”
In response to the online mockery, Morgan claimed that he wasn’t fooled for one second: “Relax, quarter-wit, I knew what it was. Just surprised I put her as high as 97th,” he tweeted.
Sorry Piers, but you got owned.
I never cared much for Harry Potter, but damn she pwned him bad.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: This is why JK Rowling kicks Piers Morgan

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Rowling needs to have a Twitter war with the Donald.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

You hate her that much? I'm pretty sure pervy donnie isn't someone anyone wants to willingly deal with.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Fair point. :D

Though Rowling has used Twitter to criticize Trumpolini in the past, I believe.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Actually, she already kind of is in said "war"...

A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

mr friendly guy wrote:I never cared much for Harry Potter, but damn she pwned him bad.
Yeah, that was a sick burn. Props to J.K.

I started reading Potter for a girl, because hi have you met me, and at first I thought it was a bit immature, and then I thought it was angsty like a 13-year-old and began to get the concept, and then I was really enjoying #6, and then #7... just shit the bed. I've ranted about this enough times here that everybody who cares probably knows my specific gripes, so I will now finish the threadjack.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Piers wasn't too busy hacking into a dead girls phone to post on twitter?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw