Top Ten Reasons (or more) a Terminator Would Make a Better PotUS

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Top Ten Reasons (or more) a Terminator Would Make a Better PotUS

Post by Simon_Jester »

Are we going to make it to fifty? I think we're going to make it to fifty... :)

38. A Terminator will not make light of police brutality, since Terminators have been on the receiving end of a lot of police violence. Sure, it was utterly, utterly justified police violence, and they give as good as they get, but still.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

39. A terminator does not care about religion. He neither discriminates for nor against.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

40) A Terminator does not care about race or ethnicity, he neither discriminates for nor against.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

41) If for some reason a Terminator's decision leads to unforseen negative consequences, said Terminator is capable of time travel and can ensure errro is negated.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Col. Crackpot wrote:41) If for some reason a Terminator's decision leads to unforseen negative consequences, said Terminator is capable of time travel and can ensure errro is negated.
Point of order: the Terminators were never independently capable of time travel. They required large devices to travel through time, and once they arrived, they were stuck.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:41) If for some reason a Terminator's decision leads to unforseen negative consequences, said Terminator is capable of time travel and can ensure error is negated.
Point of order: the Terminators were never independently capable of time travel. They required large devices to travel through time, and once they arrived, they were stuck.
Except in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, where a small (hand-held) time displacement device was planted in a bank vault. Doubtless a Terminator could be provided sufficient data to construct one, if necessary for mission success.

Error corrected. End of Line.
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Lagmonster wrote:19. When considering military strikes against individuals, a Terminator would always be absolutely certain of the target's identity.
The T-800 arrives in 1984, finds a phone book, and kills the first two Sarah Connors by listing. It then goes to Sarah's apartment and, in a case of mistaken identity, kills her roommate Ginger. Then it hears Sarah leave a message on the answering machine and realizes that she is still alive. Systematic, but not absolutely certain. It did a better job with the first Sarah terminated: "Are you Sarah Connor?" "Yes." *bang!*
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Khaat wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:41) If for some reason a Terminator's decision leads to unforseen negative consequences, said Terminator is capable of time travel and can ensure error is negated.
Except in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, where a small (hand-held) time displacement device was planted in a bank vault. Doubtless a Terminator could be provided sufficient data to construct one, if necessary for mission success.

Error corrected. End of Line.
Ah but what is the canonicity of T:TSCC? :v

To be fair I've never seen it, my only exposure is the movies, so...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Stay on target...stay on target...

42. A Terminator has a better understanding of life, the universe, and everything than probably any POTUS past, present, and future.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

43. A Terminator can definitely be taught the value of human life. Humans only maybe know it.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

44.) A Terminator can make combinations. Like "chill out, dickwad."
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

45. A Terminator has no ego to bruise.
46. A Terminator does not possess a Twitter account.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

47. (Or possibly a new amended #19).

A Terminator will have keen knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of a drone-based assassination campaign, and will have realistic knowledge of what it can and cannot do.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Khaat wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:
In Terminator Genisys the T-800 known as "Pops" successfully constructed a time travel device and used it to send two humans into the future. Another Terminator manged to construct another one. So yes, properly programmed Terminators are capable of building time machines.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

48. A Terminator knows why we cry, even though it is something he can never do.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Khaat wrote:
Lagmonster wrote:19. When considering military strikes against individuals, a Terminator would always be absolutely certain of the target's identity.
The T-800 arrives in 1984, finds a phone book, and kills the first two Sarah Connors by listing. It then goes to Sarah's apartment and, in a case of mistaken identity, kills her roommate Ginger. Then it hears Sarah leave a message on the answering machine and realizes that she is still alive. Systematic, but not absolutely certain. It did a better job with the first Sarah terminated: "Are you Sarah Connor?" "Yes." *bang!*
49. A Terminator is thorough, and will not half-ass a mission and then declare victory without even knowing whether or not it met the objectives.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

50. Just to expand 39 + 40, A Terminator does not discriminate based on Race, Ethnicity, Place of origin, Colour, Ethnic origin, Citizenship, Creed, Sex, Sexual orientation, Gender identity, Gender expression, Age, Marital status, Family status, Disability, Association, Political Party, or even Species.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

50.) The Terminator is a direct result of increased minorities' representation in the STEM fields and the Terminator also provided opportunities for the advancement of minorities in the STEM fields. ;)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

And that's fifty. Can we keep going?

51. A Terminator will never need a bad toupee.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

52. Given the Terminator's ability to perfectly mimic voices it would make a great singer, and could easily give other leaders prank phone calls.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

53. A Terminator can know the importance of traffic laws, and will obey them unless necessary not to.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

54: A Terminator won't want "Easy D".
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

55 The Terminator won't take shit from any other world leaders but is willing to work with others to complete his mission.

As an aside I could see some of the attacks ads for President Terminator.....

(Read this in the standard attack ad voice) "John Q Terminator says he is tough on crime. He says he will clean up our streets. He says he is a friend of the police. He lied. Video evidence shows him killing dozens, engaging in high speed chases and even killing an entire police station. Tough on crime or a criminal? What else is he lying about? Even he even a cyborg? Paid for the Robocop for President.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Despite claims by the misinformed, the Terminator isn't a cyborg: its continued operation is not dependent on its organic camouflage. A cyborg is a mechanically-enhanced human, like Officer Alex Murphy. Paid for by Friends for Alex Murphy
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

"Do you really want someone who was literally built to serve Corporate America in the White House? We don't either. Vote Terminator."
Paid for by the Cyberdyne Research Institute for Humanity