Top Ten Reasons (or more) a Terminator Would Make a Better PotUS

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Top Ten Reasons (or more) a Terminator Would Make a Better PotUS

Post by Broomstick »

Rather than continue off-tracking another thread I have started this one for a little project, namely, coming up with 10 reasons a T-800 Terminator would make a better President of the United States than Donald Trump. Or more than 10. We'll sort out the preferred order a bit later, after we get our list written down.

To start, we have:

1) A Terminator will focus on the mission instead of his ego.
2) A Terminator will not require Secret Service protection.
3) A Terminator can be set to learn from experience, Trump is stuck in "read-only" mode.
4) A Terminator has a better hairstyle.
5) There is no record of a Terminator engaging in "pussy-grabbing" or even discussing a desire to "grab pussy", or grab any other form of genitalia.
6) A Terminator has hands big enough to hold a - hey, what were some of those weapons the T-800 hauled around? Big Fucking Guns, .50 caliber, rocket launchers - yeah, hands big enough for those. (Yeah, yeah, I know - Google Is My Friend, sue me, I'm doing an OP here with limited time before I have to go to work)
7) A Terminator harms fewer innocent bystanders.

What else have we got? Help me out here.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Top Ten Reasons (or more) a Terminator Would Make a Better PotUS

Post by The Romulan Republic »

8. A Terminator is programmed with extensive knowledge of advanced technology, military tactics, and human anatomy.
9. Terminators possess knowledge of the future which would be strategically useful.
10. Terminators have style.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

11. A Terminator cannot be bribed.
12. A Terminator operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
13. All of a Terminator's human tissue is real, including the hair. Said tissue will remain healthier looking than the current president's even after suffering massive trauma.
Last edited by Tribble on 2017-02-06 03:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

14. A Terminator is manufactured in America.
15. Having our first Cyber-American President would be good for diversity.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

16. When a Terminator speaks, it is usually coherent and on topic.
Last edited by Tribble on 2017-02-06 03:31pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

17. A Terminator would have the most bad ass campaign slogans.

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

18. A Terminator programmed to follow the US Constitution will not knowingly violate the US Constitution. --> Bonus points over most presidents.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

19. When considering military strikes against individuals, a Terminator would always be absolutely certain of the target's identity.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

20. Terminators come programmed with detailed files of both biology and psychology, so concepts such as "empathy" will not be beyond it.
21. It is nigh-unkillable, so no need to worry about a potentially idiotic VP taking over.
22. Terminators do not seem to be able to lie.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: 22. Terminators do not seem to be able to lie.
To start the thread's inevitable decline into arguing about the trivia and specifics of terminator lore:

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Ah, bollocks, forgot that one. Ok, strike 22 from the list.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

New 22) Terminators do not "walk back" their statements, they say what they mean and mean what they say.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

23. While Terminators are willing to die for their mission, they are not deliberately suicidal
24. A Terminator's mere existence would be proof of a major scientific boom, or aid in one.
25. Over its entire lifespan a Terminator will produce less toxic gases than the current president does in an hour.
Last edited by Tribble on 2017-02-06 05:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

26. A Terminator has better catchphrases. "Hasta la vista, baby" vs "We're gonna build a wall", for example.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

27. A Terminator is aware of its own shortcomings and the need for reliable sources of information to make up for them, and will not surround itself with yes-men and egotistical sophists that say what it likes.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

28. Having a Terminator as POTUS would allow Americans to accurately say to literally anyone "holy shit, you guys, our President is a fucking Terminator."
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

29. A Terminator would understand that nuclear weapons are likely to be a doomsday option.
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

30) A Terminator will be back. This bodes well for its re-election prospects, an auspicious omen for the first term!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

31. A Terminator may lie, but it will admit and inform you when it lied, instead of prescribing to "alternative facts".

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

32. A Terminator understands the benefits of teamwork and cooperation, having fought in a worldwide war against humanity with millions of other Terminators to reach targets and achieve objectives.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

33. A Terminator will read executive orders before signing them.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

34. A Terminator has no business holdings, owes no money to any party, and has zero conflicts of interest when pursuing objectives.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

35. A Terminator can become a somewhat decent father figure.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

36. When a Terminator requests your clothes, you can be assured it's in no way interested in what you've got going on underneath but is purely focused on the mission.

- Raw Shark

- SirNitram (RIP)
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

37. Everyone knows a terminator is going to fuck you over, even Trump voters.
Hey, Trump voters think he will make America great again by replacing Obamacare with... something. Trump voters think he will ban Muslims, and then find out their relatives got deported from the executive order.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.