What should I do after I stupidly read a site's comment section?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

What should I do after I stupidly read a site's comment section?

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Well, I went ahead and read the comments section on a website. I should've know better not to do so by now. Apparently not. :banghead:

So now I'm pissed and can't stop thinking about them.

My question is: does anyone know of any techniques of cooling down and stopping obsessive thinking after reading a comments section?
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: What should I do after I stupidly read a site's comment section?

Post by Zixinus »

Bunnies. Real, silly bunnies doing bunny things. I wish I still had my real ones.

Then there is my flute or my tin-whistle if its a really bad self-depricating-self-hating cycle. Just find a quiet spot and improvise.

Really, anything that has an emotional response and distracts you while engaging your brain.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Beer and first person shooters
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

A bottle of tequila.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Puppies. Puppies always work.
http://openpuppies.com
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Participate in a Japanese game show.

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Argue back and humiliate their arguments? Hey sometimes it works for me.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

mr friendly guy wrote:Argue back and humiliate their arguments? Hey sometimes it works for me.
I really suck at arguing though. I'm not sure if it's because of my disability or just because I'm stupid, but it takes me a long time to come up with a counterpoint to something. :P

Thank you for the suggestions everyone (including you mr friendly guy, I appreciate your suggestion too). :D
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

In Chinese tradition / superstition after going to an "unclean" place - a morgue, a wake, to prevent whatever negativeness of death from entering the home, people should make a small fire - with newspapers or something like that - and jump over it... and quickly change clothes.

Or visit another establishment before going home, so the death-aura or whatever goes to that place instead of going to the home.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

I feels ya on the inability to debate well. I've found my way of not being a complete fuck up is to take things slow and to try to form a coherent argument in my head before putting fingers to key. I tend to try to work out a conversation with the back and forth in my head imagining the person as a real person and while its rarely close to reality it gives something more then text on screen to debate against. Sometimes I find it easier to do so.

Mind you I also try to go slow because my writing is total shit without tons of correction, like pure gibberish because all the letters and sometimes entire parts of sentences get really badly jumbled if I don't concentrate to form something coherent.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

In my experience, Tea, cookies, and a good book help.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Meditation to clear the mind and your own project for constructive time use. Hey! Start a solarpunk world building thread!
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Take a nice, stout, oaken stick. Next, hit yourself in the balls with it. Repeat as needed (whenever you are tempted to see an internet comment section.) Afterwards, spend thousands of dollars on treating the PTSD you will give yourself in following this advice. Realize that, thanks to Donald Trump, you won't have thousands of dollars to spend on treating your PTSD. Die penniless, and in misery because only blood comes out when you urinate.

In seriousness, keep your expectations strictly bottom-shelf, and learn to accept that the average IQ of the average internet comment section is within a standard deviation or two of "the family dog ... no, not the smart one, the one that insists on eating pennies." Arguing with comment section trolls will only reduce your lifespan and make your doctor rich managing your severe hypertension.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:Take a nice, stout, oaken stick. Next, hit yourself in the balls with it. Repeat as needed (whenever you are tempted to see an internet comment section.) Afterwards, spend thousands of dollars on treating the PTSD you will give yourself in following this advice. Realize that, thanks to Donald Trump, you won't have thousands of dollars to spend on treating your PTSD. Die penniless, and in misery because only blood comes out when you urinate.
The Japanese game show works better since a)he won't even have to hit himself in the balls, the mechanical arm does it for him, and b)he'll get paid so he'll have some money to deal with the aftereffects of getting ball slapped by a mechanical arm. But the most important part is we'll get to see it all on Youtube, and who doesn't like seeing guys getting dropped by groin shots? It's wholesome entertainment for the entire family!
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P