Sherlock (BBC) [spoilers]

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Sherlock (BBC) [spoilers]

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

...I rather didn't like how Moffat has once again turned his female characters into incredible plot devices. I mean the stories were good, the acting top notch... but come ON! Sister who has psycho-super brain powers because she wasn't hugged enough? Goddamn Jokeritis. THE ONCOMING STORM! THE EAST WIND! I like the cerebralness of it but... sheesh. While Sherlock and Mycroft were portrays of geniuses that were interesting, they did it too much with her so she became a plot device. Fine, maybe she's what super-duper geniuses are like, inhuman plot devices. But goddamn it Moffat, you might as well have had an ominous face-masked camera trick unseen shadow/blinky/forgetty monstroso stalk Scared Little Girl phoning the Doctor in that lost mind-airplane... have it be a library too. "Is the Don't Blinking Space Man My Mummy?!" :P

Mary's death was well done but... h'okay, now she's a hallucination telling Watson to once again be BFFs with Sherlock. Er fine. But... IDK. Moffat stop trying to be too clever.

I don't know. Profound Plot Twist/Device Women Characters. Moffat. Err.

But nonetheless these are amazing shows.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Sherlock (BBC) [spoilers]

Post by Crazedwraith »

Stopped watching at the end of Series 2. It was just so full of itself. "Oh we're so clever and we want you to know we know you know how very clever we are"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Crazedwraith wrote:Stopped watching at the end of Series 2. It was just so full of itself. "Oh we're so clever and we want you to know we know you know how very clever we are"
This right here sums up a significant percentage of Moffat's problems over on Doctor Who.

His handling most of his major female characters in much the same way is another issue.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:Stopped watching at the end of Series 2. It was just so full of itself. "Oh we're so clever and we want you to know we know you know how very clever we are"
This right here sums up a significant percentage of Moffat's problems over on Doctor Who.
A further significant percentage is that a lot of those plots aren't anywhere near as clever as he thinks they are.