amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Jack Chick Dead at 92

Post by amigocabal »

Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Re: Jack Chick Dead at 92

Post by Pelranius »

Er, he's been dead since October 23, 2016, IIRC.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

Pelranius wrote:Er, he's been dead since October 23, 2016, IIRC.
I did not find out about it until recently.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

amigocabal wrote:rather controversial
An understatement that will echo through the void of space long after the last light of the universe burns dim. They guy literally died believing he'd be able to piss on every single catholic (well, anyone who didn't jerk it to the King Jame's Bible) from his glory-hole in heaven.

Jack is the reason I can't stand Baptists (Southern Baptists really). An evangelizing coworker wouldn't shut up about him until I read some of it. He's that kid that "really gets it" and you don't, so you're not a "real fan." "You aren't worthy of Kurt Kobain's love because I listened to him before Nevermind!"

The comics are definitely worth a read though. They range from infuriating to hilarious and give great insight to why some Christians are so god-damn annoying with their self-righteousness. The ones that believe this shit with 100% conviction: of course they think they're better than you. It'd be insane if they didn't.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Man the ego in those is incredible.

In the last rights one I think he actually declared himself a prophet.
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Not one to celebrate a death but not exactly broken up he's dead. The man brought me both great joy and incredible annoyance and is possibly one of the reasons I became the bitter angry atheist everyone knows and loves. His bullshit reading material was pretty much required reading back in elementary school when some 4th grade teacher made it her mission to convert the entire grade and as much of the rest of the school as possible.

If she had just stuck to the tired old but considerably nice biblical verses on being a good person and all that crap I'd probably have never started questioning shit. But nope, she brought in those little Tijuana bible looking comics books to read and pass out to all our friends. They were......interesting to say the least. Certainly not something a 10 year old should be reading, even one reading other religious propaganda like Battlefield Earth.

That combined with her spouting tabloid trash like that thing about Proctor and Gamble being open satanists who put 666 on their logos and how the children need to tell our parents not to buy their stuff. As foolish as I've been in my life even I was not foolish enough to buy into that crap or think the hateful crap in those comics was for me.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Black Leaf! Nooooooooooooooooo! :D

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

Kinda hoped the text wouldn't cover Bill Murray's face but you get the idea
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

LOL, I had to find a tract to read, just for shits and giggles. As a side note, I can't believe The Jack T. Chick Parody Archive is still up on the internet.