Mark Hamill reads Trump tweet as the Joker.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Mark Hamill reads Trump tweet as the Joker.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news ... er-w459623
Star Wars actor Mark Hamill, who also voices the Joker in animated Batman series, is using his take on Gotham's most famous villain to make Donald Trump tweets sound even more nefarious.
Hamill tweeted an audio clip Saturday of the Joker reciting Trump's infamous December 31st tweet, "Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!"

Hamill's Joker reading of Trump's tweet came following an idea seeded by comedy writer Matt Oswalt, who tweeted on December 31st of Trump's New Year's message, "This sounds like something the Joker would say right before releasing a swarm of killer bees into Gotham."
RELATED

Skywalker Speaks: Mark Hamill on Returning to 'Star Wars'
The man behind Luke Skywalker on 'The Force Awakens': "It's like 'Star Wars' never really went away"
On Saturday, Oswalt tweeted, "BILLION DOLLAR IDEA: an App that you can feed every Trump tweet into that plays it back in @HamillHimself Joker voice," a concept that was endorsed by Oswalt's brother Patton Oswalt.
Soon after, Hamill himself tweeted to the Oswalts, "As soon as I figure out how to tweet soundbites, I'd LOVE to. Nobody writes better super-villain dialogue than #Trumputin! #KremlinCandidate." Twitter followers quickly came to Hamill's aid and the audio clip was created.
In addition to portraying Luke Skywalker, Hamill has long served as the voice for the Joke in animated series, films and video games, starting with 1992's Batman: The Animated Series and continuing as the Clown Prince of Crime up through 2016's Justice League Action.
Hamill criticized Trump throughout the presidential election season, employing hashtags like #PutinsPuppet #KGB4Trump and #TheKremlinsAndKKKsKandidate.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Mark Hamill reads Trump tweet as the Joker.

Post by Solauren »

I listened to it, and I am still like

"HOLY SHIT!"

I swear when you hear it coming from the Joker, it MAKES FUCKING SENSE.

You almost believe that if the Joker hadn't been dumped into the chemical vat, he'd have become a billionare real estate developer and would have become President of the United States.....

Or that maybe, in this universe, HE DID......
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I know. Its disturbing how well it fits.

Edit: Actually, in canon, doesn't "billionaire real estate developer who becomes President" basically describe Lex Luthor?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Just wait till Trump tweets complaining about this. Followed by Mark Hamill reading the tweet.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

^ I would pay to hear that.

Even better - we'll probably get it at no cost to us!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

Post by Dragon Angel »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Edit: Actually, in canon, doesn't "billionaire real estate developer who becomes President" basically describe Lex Luthor?
Lex Luthor has sense though, and a Level 12 Intellect. Trump could only dream of being so diabolical.
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Zapp Brannigan's voice actor already did it before the election.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Broomstick wrote:^ I would pay to hear that.

Even better - we'll probably get it at no cost to us!
Indeed. Available on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XRue9Vx-8c
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

Ralin wrote:Zapp Brannigan's voice actor already did it before the election.
Check it. Have them both people.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I am Raw Shark, and I approve of this message.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker