Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

I want a Trump rooster

Post by mr friendly guy »

To celebrate the up and coming Year of the Rooster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12 ... ted-china/
A huge statue portraying Donald Trump as a rooster has been erected at a shopping mall in the Chinese city of Taiyuan.

The parodic fowl, which has the president-elect's trademark hair-do and is shown making distinctly Trumpian hand gestures, has been adopted as mascot for the N1 ArtWalk Mall as part of celebrations welcoming the Year of Rooster.

A range of Trump-rooster merchandise is now on sale to the general public, with a 32 foot-tall model priced at around £1,400, and less imposing options starting at a slightly-more-reasonable £47.
Wei Qing, spokesperson for Shenghe Yangtai Business, which is selling the roosters, told CNN: "I think the rooster is very cute and funny, the hairstyle and eyebrows look very much like Donald Trump. I'm sure it will attract a lot of customers."
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: I want a Trump rooster

Post by Raw Shark »

Oh, man.The next four years are going to be... What means more than a shit show? I'm not even sure. But that's it.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Raw Shark wrote:Oh, man.The next four years are going to be... What means more than a shit show? I'm not even sure. But that's it.
A shit circus? A shit storm? A shit hurricane?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Raw Shark wrote:Oh, man.The next four years are going to be... What means more than a shit show? I'm not even sure. But that's it.
Fucking awesome, like a direct to TV Steven Seagal movie. So fucking bad that it's good.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

aerius wrote:
Fucking awesome, like a direct to TV Steven Seagal movie. So fucking bad that it's good.
Yes, I'm glad that the destruction of what little is left of our democracy, the further legitimization of bigotry, the wholesale fucking of American workers, and nuclear policy being conducted by fucking twitter is so amusing to you. Totally worth it. :roll:

Edit: The government of the most powerful nation on Earth is not a fucking reality TV show, no matter how much Trump seems to think otherwise.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Yes, I'm glad that the destruction of what little is left of our democracy, the further legitimization of bigotry, the wholesale fucking of American workers, and nuclear policy being conducted by fucking twitter is so amusing to you. Totally worth it. :roll:

Edit: The government of the most powerful nation on Earth is not a fucking reality TV show, no matter how much Trump seems to think otherwise.
Do I have to keep explaining shit to you? Trump is a reality, it's going to suck balls. You can either laugh and find the humorous absurdity in it and get on with your life or you can have your non-stop daily rage fits for the next 4 years. Your choice.

Also

Denial
Anger <---you are here
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance <---I am here

The sooner you accept reality, the better it is for you. Just saying.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

aerius wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Yes, I'm glad that the destruction of what little is left of our democracy, the further legitimization of bigotry, the wholesale fucking of American workers, and nuclear policy being conducted by fucking twitter is so amusing to you. Totally worth it. :roll:

Do I have to keep explaining shit to you? Trump is a reality, it's going to suck balls. You can either laugh and find the humorous absurdity in it and get on with your life or you can have your non-stop daily rage fits for the next 4 years. Your choice.

Also

Denial
Anger <---you are here
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance <---I am here

The sooner you accept reality, the better it is for you. Just saying.
Perhaps I should not have been so hostile, but I can't find much humour in this situation myself.

How about you deal with things your way, and I'll deal with them mine? Fair enough?

Though I do think that "acceptance" is not generally a healthy attitude toward government oppression and corruption. Certainly not in a democracy. Yes, realistically, Trump will be President on the 20th. of January. I have no illusions about that. But that doesn't mean we should start pretending its okay, or stop calling it out for what it is.

Anyway, I suppose this is meant to be a humorous thread, not a serious one, so I'll leave it at that.

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

aerius wrote:
Like this level of awesome
http://heatst.com/entertainment/russia- ... g-russian/
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

aerius wrote:
It's all fun and games until Trump decides to invade Canada. :P
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Romulan Republic wrote:How about you deal with things your way, and I'll deal with them mine? Fair enough?

Though I do think that "acceptance" is not generally a healthy attitude toward government oppression and corruption. Certainly not in a democracy. Yes, realistically, Trump will be President on the 20th. of January. I have no illusions about that. But that doesn't mean we should start pretending its okay, or stop calling it out for what it is.
Here's the thing. This is a board with almost entirely liberal views, none of us here are fans of Trump. You can spend however much time a day writing angry posts on why Trump is a fuckface but what does that accomplish? Pretty much everyone here is on board with that and we're not exactly a social platform for change, posting here does nothing except letting you vent your feelings. Want Trump gone in 4 years? Well, you need to put your energy to use in the real world, not here. Start with your social group, get involved in grassroots politics, contact & engage your politicians & representatives in government, take a page out of the alt-right playbook and go troll the shit out of the opposition.

Dreams ---> Goals ---> Plans ---> Actions ---> Results

When Stephen Harper was elected I didn't sit here writing a dozen angry posts every day for 2 months & counting, I made a couple "fuck this shit" posts the next day and that was pretty much it. After that, back to work on figuring out plans to get him the fuck out of there, putting those plans into action, and eventually the results came. Every minute spent writing a post here is wasted time & effort that would get far more results in the real world.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Edit: The government of the most powerful nation on Earth is not a fucking reality TV show, no matter how much Trump seems to think otherwise.
Have you kept up with an American election over the past 20-30 years? Even this latest one played much more like a reality TV season than the election of the leader of a first-world superpower. American elections have always had more in common with reality TV than anything concerning "issues" or "reality." It's about taglines, bumpers, and rhetoric. It's about charisma and not always positive charisma, but the kind where your detractors hate you so fucking much, they end up giving you all the free air time you want.

Oh and by "American election," you could expand that to be "all elections."
aerius wrote:The sooner you accept reality, the better it is for you. Just saying.
I went straight into the "It's 5' o clock somewhere" step. Is that not an official one? Can we add it to the "Texas Edition: 5 stages of grief"?
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:It's all fun and games until Trump decides to invade Canada. :P
Ain't happening, Trump is building a wall to keep you guys out of Canada.
https://www.ncscooper.com/trump-i-will- ... ricans-in/
K. A. Pital wrote:Like this level of awesome
http://heatst.com/entertainment/russia- ... g-russian/
That is the best thing I've seen all week. I believe that qualifies as winning.
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Yeah well, as I've said elsewhere, I'm putting together an INCH bag, and I know how to use it. When the nukes drop, I will be far away, sleeping under the stars.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

TheFeniX wrote:I went straight into the "It's 5' o clock somewhere" step. Is that not an official one? Can we add it to the "Texas Edition: 5 stages of grief"?
I am not a Texan, but I'm on board. I've been straight-on-my-ass off-the-wagon for the last month or so. Not entirely because of Donny Jingles, but it didn't help.

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

aerius wrote:
U.P. Cinnabar wrote:It's all fun and games until Trump decides to invade Canada. :P
Ain't happening, Trump is building a wall to keep you guys out of Canada.
https://www.ncscooper.com/trump-i-will- ... ricans-in/
Even the seniors?! Bang goes Canada's pharmaceuticals business. :lol:
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Edit: The government of the most powerful nation on Earth is not a fucking reality TV show, no matter how much Trump seems to think otherwise.
Wait, what? I would think that they've been reality TV since maybe the eighties.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Gandalf wrote:Wait, what? I would think that they've been reality TV since maybe the eighties.
It all went to Hell when we voted out Jimmy Carter for a movie star. It's all been a slow-motion car wreck after that. Even his drunk-ass half-retarded brother Billy would make a better president than the Donald. At least he could grow peanuts and got a shitty brand of beer right.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Raw Shark wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Wait, what? I would think that they've been reality TV since maybe the eighties.
It all went to Hell when we voted out Jimmy Carter for a movie star. It's all been a slow-motion car wreck after that. Even his drunk-ass half-retarded brother Billy would make a better president than the Donald. At least he could grow peanuts and got a shitty brand of beer right.
I'm surprised that parties don't run better media training for presidential candidates.

At the very least, Gore/Bush should have been a huge lesson that it doesn't matter how much you know if you aren't impressive on TV. Maybe if someone taught Clinton's campaign how to use media better she might be headed to the big chair.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Gandalf wrote:
At the very least, Gore/Bush should have been a huge lesson that it doesn't matter how much you know if you aren't impressive on TV. Maybe if someone taught Clinton's campaign how to use media better she might be headed to the big chair.
Hubris thy name is Clinton

That and her strategy for scandals was "wait until it's a giant media shit show then seriously respond"

Back on giant cock-topic however the next four years are going to be amazing than we are headed towards huge changes for the world, most of them bad but unlike RR I think all of them are survivable.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Gandalf wrote:
Wait, what? I would think that they've been reality TV since maybe the eighties.
Well, I guess what I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that way, and people shouldn't accept that it is that way, because in the end, its not just crass entertainment- its crass entertainment with literally life and death consequences for huge numbers of people.

If you ask me, the fact that Trump is widely regarded as entertainment rather than the fucking monster that he is is a big part of why we now have a groping bigoted demagogue as President.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Well, I guess what I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that way, and people shouldn't accept that it is that way, because in the end, its not just crass entertainment- its crass entertainment with literally life and death consequences for huge numbers of people.
Of course it shouldn't be like that. But evidently the voters like it enough to keep it going.
If you ask me, the fact that Trump is widely regarded as entertainment rather than the fucking monster that he is is a big part of why we now have a groping bigoted demagogue as President.
Do you know why foreigners like myself look at Trump as entertainment? Because we have no other choice. We can't vote in the elections. We can't really participate in the dialogue. What we can do is be affected by US actions on the world stage. Sometimes this works out for us, sometimes it doesn't. With no real way to affect outcomes, what choice is there to laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing?

- George Carlin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I can get that. But it frustrates me, because Trump's been treated by many as a joke from the start, and he has capitalized on that.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I can get that. But it frustrates me, because Trump's been treated by many as a joke from the start, and he has capitalized on that.
He was a joke. He is a joke. He will be a joke. However, he was a joke that about a quarter of the US electorate thought was worth putting in the big chair near the big red buttons, and half apparently just decided fuck it and stayed home. Under the hilarious system put in place for antiquated reasons, this was enough to create a clear winner.

- George Carlin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Well, if Trump is a joke, he's very dark comedy indeed.

And while I take some slight comfort in the fact that Trump didn't actually win the popular vote, I share your low opinion of the stay-at-homes. Just a couple hundred thousand more of those assholes in the right states getting off their asses, and we wouldn't be in this mess. Ditto third partiers, though at least they stood for something, even if it was stupid and counterproductive.

Don't even get me started on the Electoral College, because I could rant all night.

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

More Trump rooster goodness. Now we're having inflatables. I really want one.

But don't tell Trump about this. He might start a trade war with China for hurting his ego.

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/01/10/trump_rooster.php
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.