Any native Greek speakers?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Korto
Jedi Master

Any native Greek speakers?

Post by Korto »

Can someone translate these lines into how they would be said in Greek? Not a word-for-word translation, but how they would actually be said.
Otherwise I'll have to use Google translate, and God only knows what it'll give me.
“Yes? It’s little cousin Cassie!”

“Can we come in, cousin? We need to rest and clean up."

“Of course. My home is your home.”

“Just make yourself comfortable, grab something to eat. I’m busy with a customer.”

“Me too, auntie Cassie! I’m hungry!”

“You’re always hungry”

“Cassie, Aunt Vitaliya has news for you. Your wedding to Baruch Marinos has been agreed and wedding gifts negotiated.”
“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”
Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Any native Greek speakers?

Post by Zixinus »

If this is for a writing project, a little context would probably help. When translating languages, intentions can come out in small details of the language.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Korto
Jedi Master

Re: Any native Greek speakers?

Post by Korto »

OK, put this in context. And yes, it is for part of a story.

Our protaganists, Karl and Greta, met up with Cassie (Cassandra) when they asked her for directions to a particualar trader on a mercantile space station. She convinced them to accompany her to see "Theítsa Vitaliya", who would give them far better prices.

Theítsa Vitaliya is matriarch of an extended and powerful family in this area of the station. "Theítsa" I'm getting from Google, and is apparently the phonetic of θείτσα (Auntie), assuming I'm interpreting Google Translate correctly.
If Vitaliya would carry some other honorific, I'll be interested in being told.

Shortly along the way, they were chased by a small armed group from a gang from a nearby section. With Cassie's help, they managed to elude the group, and they believe lose them completely. Cassie then led them to her cousin's apartment so they could all rest and recover.
Cassie rings the doorbell. A voice comes from the intercom.
“Yes? It’s little cousin Cassie!”

“Can we come in, cousin? We need to rest and clean up."

“Of course. My home is your home.”

The door opens. Inside, it's a bedsit. There's a small boy sitting on the bed playing a computer game. The voice speaks again from an intercom
“Just make yourself comfortable, grab something to eat. I’m busy with a customer.”

The boy then speaks. He's about seven
“Me too, auntie Cassie! I’m hungry!”

“You’re always hungry” Cassie says

The intercom speaks again.
“Cassie, Auntie Vitaliya has news for you. Your wedding to Baruch Marinos has been agreed and wedding gifts negotiated.”
This is the first time Cassie has heard anything about these arrangements
“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”
Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor