Do you believe in "magic"?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Do you believe in "magic"?

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Do I believe in magic? First off, how do you define magic?

But unless you mean magic tricks on stage, I'd be agnostic at most.

If I believe in magic, its only in the "sufficiently advanced science" sense.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Do you believe in "magic"?

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

loomer wrote:I'm a firm believer in magic, albeit mostly in the sense of alchemy-as-Jungian-psychology sense that a lot of rational believers (insofar as any of us nutjobs who believe in this bullshit can be rational, at least) have. It's less the usual 'I cast fireball' and more 'I summon and empower Abraxes, who is emblematic of an unmastered force in my own psyche that I need to harness for a purpose'. It becomes an interesting take on the ability of the human mind to create and empower alternate selves and voices and hand them control...
I love this explanation, you win the thread man.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!