Royal Navy gets too close for missiles, switches to guns.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Re: Royal Navy gets too close for missiles, switches to guns.

Post by Zinegata »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Maybe, I'm open to specific ideas. The trick is identifying something people might actually pay for, in an era of rampant piracy and free blogging nonsense, and the more contributors involved the higher the threshold is for to even be able to split beer money out of it.

The other thing is having a hook to establish some form of credibility. You've all known me long enough to know I'm not actively trying to lead people astray, and I have a lot more sources then I ever post, because that kind of research is in fact worth something, but that's not exactly an overwhelming pull.

I have mused before though trying to take the SDN wiki, and making some actual serious ship system engineering (the box diagram kind of engineering) and armor mechanics papers out of it. But that's work and honestly, I was pretty low activity here for years for a reason. I rather badly hurt my back this year and it's left me inside the house a damn lot more then I'd like healing, but I'm hoping this is not carrying over long term!
I am tempted to say make Youtube videos for the reddit upvotes and Patreon money, but that would involve general-information stuff first. OTOH the vast majority of "military general information" stuff on Youtube is already incredibly awful to begin with, so it should be very easy for you to rise above the crowd.
Titan Uranus
Padawan Learner

Re: Royal Navy gets too close for missiles, switches to guns.

Post by Titan Uranus »

There is a good idea there, perhaps a modern verison of "military history visualized"?
That would be optimal, but the problem is that requires animation.
Without some visual effects, without something to look at, you aren't really taking advantage of the medium.