Odd breathless and weak/exhausted feeling all day?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Archinist
Padawan Learner

Odd breathless and weak/exhausted feeling all day?

Post by Archinist »

So, I'm yeah. It's been a bit hot over here lately and this seems to have caused an odd exhausted feeling? I also get some breathless and it feels almost as if I'm suffocating. It's not very good and sometimes it was quite hard to stay properly upright and when I sat down I would almost instantly become extremely fatigued so much that I barely knew what was going on.

I also felt a bit dizzy or nauseous when moving around a lot outside where it was extremely warm. Also when I was walking around a park a few days ago, I also felt very weak and sluggish, but it seemed worse today.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: Odd breathless and weak/exhausted feeling all day?

Post by Alferd Packer »

Get off the internet and go see a doctor.

/thread
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Alferd Packer wrote:Get off the internet and go see a doctor.

/thread
Why are people so afraid of answering medical questions on the internet?
It's not like I'm going to due them for answering incorrectly.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Archinist wrote:

/thread
Because medical matters should be left to medical professionals, not random non-accredited people on the Internet, who are more likely than not to give bad advice that will result in hospitalization and/or death.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
Archinist wrote:

/thread
Because medical matters should be left to medical professionals, not random non-accredited people on the Internet, who are more likely than not to give bad advice that will result in hospitalization and/or death.
But surely some general advice or information would be nice? I mean it's not like it's an emergency or anything so some helpful answers would be lovely I guess.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

General Advice: GO TO A DOCTOR YOU FUCKING MORON

Oh hey, you're anemic - nothing we say will help (because you'll debate it rather than do it)
Oh hey, you're suffering from heat stroke - nothing we say will help (because you'll debate it rather than do it)
Oh hey, you're suffering an embolism in your lung - nothing we say will help (because you'll debate it rather than do it)
Oh hey, you have a metabolic problem (apart from being a reptile, maybe?) - nothing we say will help (because you'll debate it rather than do it)
Oh hey, you don't know it isn't an emergency - nothing we say will help (because you'll debate it rather than do it)

CASE CLOSED
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Archinist wrote:Why are people so afraid of answering medical questions on the internet?
I'm not a doctor, but my guess is you have a testosterone level imbalance. You should feel better after punching yourself in the testicles 6-8 times, it'll stimulate your testicles and help reset your hormone balance.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Could it be caused by a improperly wired car inverter? I've bought a cup holder inverter just to charge the laptop in the car but I've felt a bit weird when using it that seems to go away when not using it. Now the car itself has grounding issues as you can get static shocks from touching the chassis after exiting the vehicle.
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Seriously, any decent replies? I don't have an on-call doctor at all times, so that's not an option. Now people have had medical complaints on here before and it generally seemed to go okay, except for the actually genuinely sad case of Peter Collins or the Yosemite bear, so I'm I would like some more suggestions please.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

This is "why a doctor?"
WebMD
WebMD breathless and weak wrote:There are 87 conditions associated with shortness of breath and weakness (generalized). The links below will provide you with more detailed information on these medical conditions from the WebMD Symptom Checker and help provide a better understanding of causes and treatment of these related conditions.

Heart rhythm disorder - Some heart rhythm disorders can cause a fluttering in the chest, shortness of breath, chest pain or dizziness.
Anemia - Anemia, a lack of red blood cells, can cause fatigue, pale skin, weakness, dizziness, headache and more.
Thyroid storm - A thyroid storm, dangerously high levels of thyroid hormone, causes fever, racing heartbeat, sweating, and more
Vitamin B12 deficiency - Vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms include fatigue, pale skin, weakness, sleepiness, numbness, weakness, and more.
Benzodiazepine abuse - Benzodiazepines are prescription medications that cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, and more.
Lung cancer (small cell) - Small cell lung cancer is the least common type of lung cancer and can cause a cough, chest pain, and more.
Emphysema - Emphysema is a chronic lung condition that causes shortness of breath, a chronic cough, wheezing, and more.
Atrial fibrillation - Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that causes heart palpitations, confusion, dizziness and more.
Low blood pressure (hypotension) - Low blood pressure, or hypotension, can make you feel lightheaded and dizzy
Pre-leukemia (myelodysplastic syndrome) - Myelodysplastic syndromes are diseases that affect the bone marrow and blood, causing anemia and tiredness.
Tuberculosis - Tuberculosis usually infects the lungs, causing a bad cough with blood, chest pain, fever, chills, and fatigue.
Congestive heart failure - People with congestive heart failure can have shortness of breath, fatigue, irregular heartbeat and more.
Gastrointestinal bleeding - The symptoms of gastrointestinal bleeding include black or bloody stool or vomit, dizziness, and cramping.
Lung cancer (non small cell) - Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common type of lung cancer and can cause a cough, chest pain, and more.
Aortic regurgitation - Aortic regurgitation, when the aortic valve doesn't close completely, can cause severe heart symptoms.
Generalized anxiety disorder - Generalized anxiety disorder is a condition in which a person has nearly constant anxiety.
Atrial flutter - Atrial flutter is an abnormality of the heart's rhythm that causes rapid and sometimes irregular heartbeats.
Pulmonary hypertension - Pulmonary hypertension can cause shortness of breath, a fast heart rate, or lightheadedness.
Panic attack - When someone has a panic attack, that person feels a sudden, intense fear that can't be controlled.
Asthma (teen and adult) - Asthma is a lung condition that makes it hard to breathe, an asthma attack can be life threatening.
Diabetes, type 2 - Diabetes can make you feel hungry, tired, or thirsty; you may urinate more than normal and have blurry vision.
Asthma (child) - Asthma is a chronic condition that causes swelling and narrowing in the airways, causing cough and more.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) - COPD is a chronic lung disease that makes breathing difficult.
Allergic reaction - Allergic reaction causes sneezing, runny nose and hives and can lead to anaphylaxis, a whole body reaction.
Dehydration (Children) - Dehydration, or not getting enough fluid, causes dry and sticky mouth, tearless crying, and more in children.
Sleep deprivation - Sleep deprivation occurs when the lack of restful sleep is severe enough to compromise basic body functions.
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) - Severe acute respiratory syndrome is a potentially life-threatening viral illness with flu-like symptoms.
Drug allergy - A drug allergy is an allergic reaction to a medication and can cause a rapid heartbeat and difficulty breathing.
Dehydration (Adult) - Dehydration, or not getting enough fluid, causes low blood pressure, weakness, dizziness, fatigue, and nausea.
Chemical burns - A chemical burn can cause symptoms ranging from burning and blisters to pain and shortness of breath.
Chemical pneumonia - Chemical pneumonia is an irritation of the lungs that can cause a dry cough, headache, chest pain and more.
Bronchial adenoma - Bronchial adenomas are cancers of the respiratory tract causing a cough, fever, or shortness of breath.
Histoplasmosis - Histoplasmosis is a fungal infection of the lungs causing muscle aches, fever, chest pain, cough, and more.
Hypothyroidism (adult) - Hypothyroidism your body functions slow down, making you gain weight and feel tired all the time.
Narcotic abuse - Narcotic abuse can cause fatigue, shallow breathing, anxiety, euphoria, vomiting, confusion, and constipation.
Swallowed object - Symptoms of swallowing an object include coughing, choking, vomiting, throat pain, breathing trouble, and more.
Tetralogy of Fallot - Tetralogy of Fallot is a combination of heart defects causing bluish skin, trouble breathing, and more.
Thalassemia - Thalassemia is a rare group of genetic blood disorders effecting red blood cells and leading to anemia.
Tick bite - A tick-related illness may cause a rash that expands out from the site of the bite, fever, chills, and more.
Ventricular septal defect - A ventricular septal defect is a hole in the heart that some babies are born with
Radon exposure - Breathing in high levels of radon over time can cause lung cancer.
Sarcoidosis - Sarcoidosis is a rare disease that can cause swelling and hard lumps in the lymph nodes and organs.
Scleroderma - Scleroderma is an uncommon immune disorder that causes collagen to build up in the tissue, making it harden.
Sickle cell disease - Sickle cell disease symptoms include repeated infections, yellow skin, fatigue, dizziness, pain, and more.
Supraventricular tachycardia - Supraventricular tachycardia is fast heart rhythm starting in one of the upper chambers of the heart.
Anemia, iron deficiency - Anemia , a lack of red blood cells, can cause fatigue, pale skin and gums, brittle nails, irritability, and more.
Aortic stenosis - Aortic stenosis is a condition of the heart causing shortness of breath, dizziness, or chest pain.
Asbestosis - Asbestosis is a serious lung disease, causing shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness and more.
Anemia, chronic disease - Anemia of chronic disease (ACD) can cause fatigue, pale skin, weakness, dizziness, headache and more.
Pulmonary embolism - A pulmonary embolism, a blood clot lodged in the lung, causes shortness of breath, chest pain, and more.
Pulmonary fibrosis - Pulmonary fibrosis is a serious chronic lung condition where the lungs become scarred and stiff.
Drug overdose - A drug overdose can be fatal and causes sleepiness, confusion, coma, vomiting, and other symptoms.
Hiatal hernia - When hiatal hernia symptoms do occur, they include chest pain and burning, sweating, a bitter taste and more.
Hyperthyroidism - Hyperparathyroidism can cause fatigue and weakness, increased thirst, impaired thinking, and bone fractures.
Cystic fibrosis - Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease that causes the body to produce abnormally thick and sticky mucus.
Diabetes, type 1 - Diabetes can make you feel hungry, tired, or thirsty; you may urinate more than normal and have blurry vision.
Epiglottitis - Epiglottitis is a rare, life-threatening illness that keeps air from getting to the lungs.
Goiter - A goiter is an enlarged thyroid gland, causing a lump in the throat below the Adam's apple.
Heat exhaustion - Heat exhaustion causes intense thirst, heavy sweating, pale, cool, and moist skin, muscle cramps, and more.
Interstitial lung disease - Interstitial lung disease is a group of lung disorders that cause shortness of breath, a dry cough, and more.
Mononucleosis - Mononucleosis is a viral infection causing extreme fatigue, sore throat, fever, rash, muscle aches, and more.
Rheumatoid arthritis - Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes pain, swelling, and joint damage.
Stroke - A stroke occurs when blood and oxygen to the brain are cut off, and causes numbness, confusion, and more.
Thyroid cancer - Thyroid cancer is cancer of the thyroid gland and can cause a cough, hoarseness, a lump in the neck, and more.
Thyroid nodules - Thyroid nodules usually don't cause symptoms, but can cause a visible lump, neck pain, hoarseness, and more.
Transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke) - Transient ischemic attacks cause headache, numbness, tingling, or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, and more.
Exercise or physical activity - Exercise is vital for good health, but overdoing it can lead to muscle aches, dehydration, headache, and more.
Obesity - Obesity is having too much body fat, marked by a BMI of 30 or higher.
Upper airway obstruction - Symptoms of upper airway obstruction include difficulty breathing, wheezing, agitation, gasping, and more.
Anaphylactic shock - Anaphylactic shock is a sudden severe allergic reaction marked by breathing trouble, a tight throat, and more.
Scurvy (vitamin C deficiency) - Scurvy is a form of vitamin C deficiency leading to anemia, nosebleeds, loose teeth, bleeding gums, and more.
Pleural effusion - Pleural effusion is buildup of fluid in the pleura and can cause difficulty breathing or chest pain.
Myasthenia gravis - Myasthenia gravis is caused by abnormal immune responses that weaken muscles, particularly of the face.
Aortic aneurysm (chest) - Thoracic aortic aneurysm is the swelling of the chest aorta and can cause chest or back pain.
Plague - Plague is a rare but deadly bacterial infection causing fever, vomiting, seizures, organ failure, and more.
Cyanide poisoning - The symptoms of cyanide poisoning include headache, weakness, confusion, nausea, and seizures.
Lead poisoning - Lead poisoning causes sudden pain on either side of the lower back, urinary issues, nausea, fever, and chills.
Whooping cough - Whooping cough, a contagious respiratory infection, causes a runny nose, a mild fever, and a severe cough.
Radiation sickness - Radiation sickness is caused by a high dose of radiation, and causes vomiting, diarrhea, hair loss, and more.
Anemia, hemolytic - Hemolytic anemia occurs when there aren't enough red blood cells in the blood.
Tetanus - Tetanus is a potentially fatal toxic infection and causes stiffness in the jaw and neck, fever, and more.
Ricin poisoning - Ricin is a dangerous poison in castor beans, and causes trouble breathing, nausea, fever and sweating.
Hypopituitarism - Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder of the pituitary glands, which can cause many different symptoms.
Brain tumor - Primary brain tumors are often benign but can cause seizures, ongoing headaches, or loss of coordination.
Brain infection - A brain infection is inflammation of the brain or spinal cord and can cause nausea, fever, seizures and more.
Pseudohypoparathyroidism - Pseudohypoparathyroidism is a rare inherited condition that can lead to cramps, muscle spasms, and more.
West nile virus - West Nile virus is an infection spread by mosquitoes, and can cause diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, and more.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

It's lunchtime, I'll bite.
Archinist wrote:It's not very good and sometimes it was quite hard to stay properly upright and when I sat down I would almost instantly become extremely fatigued so much that I barely knew what was going on.
That right there: that's shit you go to a doctor for. If the act of going about your daily life makes you tired enough to just want to slip into a coma, any number of things could be wrong, none of which someone besides a doctor can and should help you with. You could have an iron deficiency, high blood pressure, be at risk for a heart attack, have an embolism blocking just enough of an artery to not kill your outright. This could be caused by weight, stress, diet, drugs, or a combination of factors.

Or you could have eaten a bad taco. Buy better tacos.
Now the car itself has grounding issues as you can get static shocks from touching the chassis after exiting the vehicle.
Are you fucking serious? Do you understand what causes static discharge? The act of grounding yourself/the object. And if your cars carriers the opposite charge you do and the humidity is low enough to not just let the excess charge slowly fade: you get shocked. "Ground" does not always mean "Earth Ground."

And no, your inverter is not causing your issue, unless you have it installed in your chest cavity.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

It's probably Lupus.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

This is getting tiresome. Yet another typical Archinist scenario - ask a question, then ignore all feedback that doesn't fit with his preconceived answer. Mind you, this is the same person who would get stuck inside a garage and would rather use the internet to try and work his way out instead of opening the garage door, so this level of idiocy is par the course.

I'm all for merging Archinist's threads onto one, there really isn't that much of a difference between them apart from the question itself. We can call it "Dumber than Parrots Corner" or something, and he can feel free to post as many stupid questions there as he likes. At least that would cut down on the spamming, his idiotic threads threaten to lower the IQ of everyone on this board just by their presence.

Oh, and btw Archinist, here's my word of advice, which is the same as everyone else's: If you are suffering from a medical condition and its bothering you, GO TO A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, DUMBASS. If you don't have a medical professional available 24/7, book an appointment with one like most people do. Or if there is no medical professional in your area, book an appointment with one in the closest area that does. "Use sci fi forum for medical advice" is just about the last thing you should be contemplating. Hell, even using an online website devoted to medicine is a better option than that. The fact that you somehow always manage to one-up your level of stupidity on steady basis simply astonishes me.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Maybe it's a case of bullshititis. Archivist has so much bullshit rolling around in his head that it's physically exhausting carrying it everywhere. The only solution is to completely disconnect from the internet.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

If you're SICK, go to the Doctor. If you're not going to take that advice, then this thread is LOCKED
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet