Well, the election has gone to the shitter

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Well, the election has gone to the shitter

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Now what?

I suppose I could be depressingly pessimistic for eight years (assuming the U.S. lasts that long), but I don't think I want to. Not to mention the fact that doing so might make me suicidal.

So, is there anything to be hopeful about at this point?

And when I say "anything" I mean something that would have a positive impact of a substantial size. I'm not saying that an animal orphanage being saved by a community isn't nice, but it's way too small scale to make me more optimistic (or at least less pessimistic) about things.

Though I might have been told about ways to reduce my pessimism in earlier threads I made, but I just don't remember them. In which case everybody is free to dogpile on me.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Well, the election has gone to the shitter

Post by Thanas »

Locked, plenty of threads together.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs